VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am being super careful when handling my DVD's and pay close attention NEVER to touch the surface.
    even if i do clean them i use a microfiber cloth and i am being really gentle.

but often i noticed that some of my DVD even tough may seem really clean at first with closer look in the light will have scratches some other form of "defects"

in some cases even when they are straight out of the box. tough at list as far i noticed in those cases its less severe (which is still weird cause i would expect a bran new DVD to look Brand new) Any one can give me a possible reasons for it? i really don't like the idea of having my discs destroyed)
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I saw this issue about 20 years ago and found that the dvd's burned with no issues,just burn on dvds with no scratches if you are worried that much.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think a player's loading mechanism can cause very light scratches. And even placing the disc on the tray itself, no matter how careful you are.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    I think a player's loading mechanism can cause very light scratches. And even placing the disc on the tray itself, no matter how careful you are.
    and what about the thing i saw when the disc came streigiht out of the box?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    I saw this issue about 20 years ago and found that the dvd's burned with no issues,just burn on dvds with no scratches if you are worried that much.
    im not just worry about the burning but about my ability to preserve the original disk
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Antuiquity man View Post
    They've never felt good to me. Even if such mechanisms would proof harmless, I'd never touch them.
    Reminds me of a friend having quite some audio cd's damaged in his car player with such loading.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Antuiquity man View Post
    Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    If you just bought them, and they had scratches, I'd take them back. Though, you could run them through an optical disc diagnostic and BLER reader, to find out if those "visible" scratches are really an issue or not.
    See: https://www.cdspeed2000.com/ or possibly https://www.lifewire.com/free-disk-scanning-software-2438358.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The name cdspeed2000 does ring a bell. Is it rather old? I remember using some tool aaaaages ago, when people took their first baby-steps in home burning.
    Quote Quote