VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just installed Kdenlive on my Windows 10. I installed two language packs.

Also, it installed to a location under users instead of to the usual Program Files directory. Is it OK to install it to Program Files directory instead?

UPDATE: I found a pip3 and installed it. But when I try speech recognition I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:/Users/Media Dude/AppData/Local/kdenlive/bin/data/kdenlive/scripts/speechtotext.py", line 29, in <module>
    model = Model(sys.argv[2])
    File "C:\Users\Media Dude\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\vosk\__init__.py", line 53, in __init__
    raise Exception("Failed to create a model")
    Exception: Failed to create a model
    Last edited by ChasVideo; 29th Jul 2022 at 22:10.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChasVideo View Post
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:/Users/Media Dude/AppData/Local/kdenlive/bin/data/kdenlive/scripts/speechtotext.py", line 29, in <module>
    model = Model(sys.argv[2])
    File "C:\Users\Media Dude\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\vosk\__init__.py", line 53, in __init__
    raise Exception("Failed to create a model")
    Exception: Failed to create a model
    I'm not really sure what the problem is, I use Linux but not kdenlive. But I can say that the first filename path is using forward slashes and the 2nd backward slashes. Forward slashes are legitimate in Linux but not Windows, and backward ones are the reverse.
    Quote Quote