VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an MKV file that is somehow wrong. First thing I noticed is that the audio is positively too fast. I ran it through mediainfo and got this:

Code:
    Video
    ID                                       : 1
    Format                                   : AVC
    Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile                           : High@L3.1
    Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames                : 12 frames
    Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Duration                                 : 24mn 16s
    Width                                    : 704 pixels
    Height                                   : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio                     : 4:3
    Original display aspect ratio            : 3:2
    Frame rate mode                          : Constant
    Frame rate                               : 25.997 fps
    Original frame rate                      : 23.976 fps
    Standard                                 : NTSC
    Color space                              : YUV
    Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
    Bit depth                                : 8 bits
    Scan type                                : Progressive
    Writing library                          : x264 core 78 r1309M 4d77de8
    Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=12 / deblock=1:1:1 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / psy_rd=0.4:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=5 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=crf / mbtree=0 / crf=17.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=17500 / vbv_bufsize=14000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:0.20
    So, I surmised that it should really be 23.976 and I have no clue why it's overridden somehow to something that doesn't even exist as an accepted standard. Deliberate speedup? It didn't require it at all, now it's just out of whack. Anyway, my question is, is there an easy way to fix this without re-encoding?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try remuxing with MvktoonixGUI specifying the lower frame rate. You may have to adjust the audio too.

But what to you mean by "too fast"? Is the audio out of sync with the video? Is the pitch too high?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try remuxing with MvktoonixGUI specifying the lower frame rate. You may have to adjust the audio too.
    Thanks, I will try.

But what to you mean by "too fast"? Is the audio out of sync with the video? Is the pitch too high?
    Yes, sorry. That's exactly what I meant, it's definitely higher than what it's supposed to be but not out of sync, no.
    Last edited by Damiano; 27th Jul 2022 at 22:05.
    Quote Quote