VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What title says.
    The switches for the commands don't work. For example I want to use /randomize to randomize the playlist content but the command is simply ignored. Tried other commands and no go.

This is what I was trying to do:

"C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\PotPlayerMini64.exe" "E:\Perfil\Desktop\Newfolder\*.dpl" /randomize

The player only recognizes the exact path and filename but not the wildcard for example despite saying it supports it.

My final goal is to make a context menu that only plays the .dpl file present in a folder, this to make a faster load of the playlist instead of letting potplayer make the playlist from the folder contents every time. I managed to make this menu but I'm lacking the correct command line to make it work as I need and that's where I realized that command line switches are ignored (even when passing them from cmd).

Below the command line help from the program:

Code:
    Usage: PotPlayerMini64.exe ["content"] [/switch]

"content"	:You can specify a file, folder or URL as content.
                    -You can specify multiple contents by separating them with a space.
    		-You can specify titles for URLs by separating them with a backslash (\) at the end of URLs. ("http://...\title of this url")
                	-Wildcards (*,?) are allowed.
                  	-The setting "Misc > When Files Opened" affects this when a file is specified.

- 		:Plays streaming media from stdin
                    -Example usage: youtube-dl.exe -o - -f best[ext=webm] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l22sS8DEiVU | PotPlayerMini64.exe -

/filedlg	:Opens the open file dialog box.
    /urldlg        	:Opens the open URL dialog box.
    /folderdlg	:Opens the open folder dialog box.
    /simple	   	:Opens file navigator.
    /cap	   	:Runs screen capture.
    /cam	   	:Runs webcam/Other devices.
    /atv[:ch]	:Runs Analog TV device from the specified channel.
    /dtv[:ch[-idx]]	:Runs Digital TV device from the specified channel.
    /dvd       	:Runs DVD device.
    /cd[:drive]	:Runs the specified drive.
    /add		:Appends the specified content(s) into playlist.
    /insert		:Inserts the specified content(s) just below the item being played in playlist.(Or adds at the end of playlist if there is nothing playing at the time)
    /autoplay 	:Plays the last played item.
    /same	   	:Loads and plays the specified contents as multiple streams.
                	-You can independently select loaded video and audio streams under Video/Audio/Filters context menus.
    /sort		:Sorts the specified contents by name before adding them into playlist.
    /randomize	:Sorts the specified contents by randomly before adding them into playlist.
    /new 		:Plays the specified content(s) within a new instance of the program.
                    -The setting "F5 > General > Multiple instances" does not affect this.
    /current 	:Plays the specified content(s) within an existing instance of the program.
                    -The setting "F5 > General > Multiple instances" does not affect this.
    /clipboard      :Appends content(s) from clipboard into playlist and starts playback immediately.
    /seek=time      :Starts playback of the specified/last played content from the specified time point.
                    -time format is: hh:mm:ss.ms (OR specify seconds only e.g. /seek=1800 to start at 30th min)
    /sub="subfile"  :Loads the specified subtitle(s) from the specified paths or URLs.
    /user_agent="ua":Sets user agent header for HTTP(S) requests.
    /referer="ref"  :Sets referer header for HTTP(S) requests.
    /headers="hdrs" :Appends the specified header(s) to HTTP(S) requests.
    /title="title"  : Use title
    config="name"	:Activates the specified preset.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Oh, I see... this community is dead.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try to contact developer via email, he accept this way only, go to program homepage, scroll down and click to "Contact us".
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The community isn't dead,not many people here use potplayer and line commands.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. what if you placed all the dpl files into a single directory. That way there is no need for the wildcard character

"C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\PotPlayerMini64.exe" "E:\Perfil\Desktop\dpl_files" /randomize
    Quote Quote