VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi everyone, does anyone know which program can do a hardsub with no or minimal loss of quality? I used to use format factory and HandBrake, but the output format is too bad for 1080 and 720 video
    Quote Quote  
  2. Handbrake's quality is adjustable. From terrible (very small file size) to lossless (very large file size). You just need to use better settings.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Handbrake will do the job,you just need to know what are the best settings to do the job,do a few test encodes at 16.18,20 constant quality and see which you like versus size and quality.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've tried, but it takes too long
    Quote Quote  
  5. Handbrake is the same speed as all the other encoders when you use the same settings.
    Quote Quote  
  6. not sure, because in FF a 20 minute file takes about 5-7 minutes and in HB over half an hour. the settings are the same
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jessezveneberg View Post
    not sure, because in FF a 20 minute file takes about 5-7 minutes and in HB over half an hour. the settings are the same
    No, they're not. Format Factory uses the same open source decoders and encoders as Handbrake (ffmpeg, avcode-52, and avformat-52). They just don't tell you so.
    Last edited by jagabo; 24th Jul 2022 at 15:40.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What type of system are you using?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  9. windows 10 x64
    Quote Quote