VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My Sister's Insignia TV has went kaput after four years. I am going to order this TV for her:

https://www.amazon.ca/TCL-Class-LED-Smart-Android/dp/B08NV4MWSS/ref=sr_1_3?crid=DLLGKX...97&sr=1-3&th=1

I have chosen it hoping the Android TV works well and I prefer only to use Ethernet. I have Android Boxes that have disappointed me and I sure hope this would work better than those. I would have spent the extra twenty dollars and got the Ruko 1080p version but it doesn't have ethernet.

Has anyone got one these TVs and is your opinion of them? Thank in advance for any advice and information.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's only 720p (didn't realize they still made TV's at this resolution), so for the price it's probably OK
    Quote Quote  
  3. davexnet: Thank you for your post.
    Quote Quote  
  4. My last purchase for a bedroom TV was this one:
    It is cheaper now than when I bought mine.
    I'm happy with it.
    https://www.amazon.com/Hisense-43A6G-43-Inch-Android-Compatibility/dp/B08Z9T3YBY?th=1

I also have a 32 inch Sceptre in my computer room.
    It has also been a good TV.
    It is a bit older & not Android.
    It does 1080P.
    Quote Quote  
  5. cholla: Thank you for your post.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have taken the plunge and ordered the TV. Hopefully it will work well.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Which TV did you decide to purchase ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. cholla: I got the TCL 32" 720p Smart TV. I have tried the Android TV part by hooking into the ethernet cable. The apps I installed are working terrific. My Sister has Netflix and I was able to set that up. CBC Gem, CBC News, CTV and Global TV all are working fine. What a difference the official Android TV makes. I have an Android Box that I also bought from Amazon and unfortunately most apps other than YouTube and TubiTV have problems and some don't work at all. It turns out the Android Box has a pixel operating system meant for a phone and it has been for a large part disappointing since I bought it. It is good that I picked the 32 inch as it huge any bigger would be way too big for her room. My only disappointment thus far is that it isn't 1080p in the event we wanted to use it as computer monitor. I also installed the Disney Plus app in the event we ever order that streaming service again.
    Last edited by Tom Saurus; 22nd Jul 2022 at 20:29.
    Quote Quote