VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. EDIT: Since I can't delete this - just ignore. I found where the menu is to "tame" the caching. It looks like if I ever uninstall it, I will have to do manual cleaning of the cache.

I just installed Adobe Premiere a few days ago. Today it started having problems not loading videos and not closing. I found that My disk is almost full. I found 47 Gig of files under:
    C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\common/Media Cache Files.
    Copies of all the videos I have been playing with.

I can manually delete them but is there a way to tell Premiere to clean up after itself? And a way to limit the space it grabs?

I was playing with the transcription speech to text feature and was overwriting the default project each time. I don't see why it is keeping everything I ever did. When I say close project and don't save it should delete all the temporary files.
    Last edited by ChasVideo; 17th Jul 2022 at 05:32.
    Quote Quote  
  2. This has been pinned at the top of the Premiere Forums for a while now:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-ca.../td-p/11017257
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChasVideo View Post
    I was playing with the transcription speech to text feature and was overwriting the default project each time. I don't see why it is keeping everything I ever did.
    Because most programmers
    (some of which prefer to call themselves "software ENGINEERS" )
    are incredibly-stupid.
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote