VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just installed Adobe Premier to do speech to text for some foreign language movies that I can not find subtitles for. I can generate a text file and a subtitles file in the foreign language. But I see no way to get Premiere to translate the text into English. Is there a way? I use Google translate to convert the text. And Bing. Google can take 100 lines (at least) at a time. Bing can only do 5 lines at a time. But Bing does a little better job. So far, in my limited testing.

I think I can finish my transcriptions within the 7 day trial period of Premiere but I will pay for one month so I don't have to rush.

Any suggestions for a better speech to text transcription software? There is a way to get YouTube to do that but it requires uploading and downloading. I am not going to pay for a human transcription service.
    Any better way to translate a file from a foreign language to English?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you not upload a low-res copy to youtube and keep it private?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ChasVideo View Post
    Any better way to translate a file from a foreign language to English?
    Subtitle Edit can be used to translate subtitles not sure how good it is as I have never used it for translating. But I do use this site translatesubtitles.co which is free. Just upload your .srt/sub file, choose the language you want to translate to, click translate, wait a few moments for it to translate, and then click download.

Both methods are Powered by Google Translate so I presume the output would practically be the same.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ChasVideo View Post
    Any suggestions for a better speech to text transcription software?
    AI/machine learning is a relatively new technology or certainly grown alot in the last couple of years. You won't find any free software that will give an accurate output, Adobe premiere is the best software for transcription i have found
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Jawz22 View Post
    But I do use this site translatesubtitles.co which is free. Just upload your .srt/sub file, choose the language you want to translate to, click translate, wait a few moments for it to translate, and then click download.
    Both methods are Powered by Google Translate so I presume the output would practically be the same.
    Thanks. It is using Google but at least I can upload the whole file at once instead of feeding 100 lines at a time into the Google Translate web page. I wish there was a way to use Bing the same way. Feeding 5 lines at a time into Bing is way too tedious. But I would like to see the differences.
    Quote Quote