VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I don't know how it happened but I have Adblock installed in my PC.
    How can I uninstall that program.
    Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by XPTO View Post
    Thanks for your help.
    is it a browser add-on or is it installed on your pc ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you discover you had it installed by a web page mentioning it? Many browsers now have some form of adblocking built-in.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ret. Hippie Guitar Player Axel Slingerland's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your help.
    Out of mostly idle curiosity, do you like advertising on everything you see on the Internet? Of the websites I usually go to, there are at least 1,000 ads a day that I don't see because of Adblock Plus. And if a website says they want me to disable it, I just close it and go elsewhere. There's plenty of other places I can go that don't ask me to turn off what I consider to be security software or addons. I don't advise anyone to remove Adblock, because you'll quite possibly want it back later.

But since you asked, if it is a browser addon, you use the addon tools to remove it. If it is software that is installed on your computer, you would use your operating system's add/remove program to remove it. But as I said, I don't advise anyone to remove Adblock.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you see it running in task manager? What is the executable name and path?
    Last edited by davexnet; 27th Jul 2022 at 18:51.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by sneazzy95 View Post
    I don't know when or how the Adblock is installed in my PC either.
    Then's it's likely malware, not an ad blocker.
    Quote Quote  
  7. All of my Adblockers were installed on purpose.
    Except Opera browser which has it's own.
    All of mine can be turned on or off.

Do you have a hosts file other that the one that comes with Windows?
    I have a large modified hosts file.
    Even when I turn off my Adblockers some sites consider my hosts an Adblocker.

If you can't find this Adblocker then as jagabo posted probably malware.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Axel Slingerland View Post
    Thanks for your help.
    Out of mostly idle curiosity, do you like advertising on everything you see on the Internet? Of the websites I usually go to, there are at least 1,000 ads a day that I don't see because of Adblock Plus. And if a website says they want me to disable it, I just close it and go elsewhere. There's plenty of other places I can go that don't ask me to turn off what I consider to be security software or addons. I don't advise anyone to remove Adblock, because you'll quite possibly want it back later.

But since you asked, if it is a browser addon, you use the addon tools to remove it. If it is software that is installed on your computer, you would use your operating system's add/remove program to remove it. But as I said, I don't advise anyone to remove Adblock.
    im with this guy, i would be going off my nut if i didnt have adblocker, the amount of ads that are on every site and i also close any that ask me to disable it but i use adblock pluss on my browser so i can easily turn it off to read what i need then turn it back on, but if its on your pc and you didnt install it i would remove it asap, but i think you only need it on your browser so get a browser add on if you dont have one which you can get thru whatever browser you use
    Quote Quote  
  9. Ret. Hippie Guitar Player Axel Slingerland's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    In addition to what I said before, I also recommend you get more computer security software, not removing it. Unless of course, jagabo is right about it being malware. Perhaps you should download SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes (both have good free versions) and see if it is?
    I admit to being a Rookie, and prone to Rookie Mistakes
    Quote Quote