VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Thread
  1. can anyone help me extract mp4 video from a password protected video with "gem" extension? this file is played by gem player. I have the key.
    Quote Quote  
  2. All information is needed.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thank you for your reply. there is a password protected video which is only played by Thundersoft gemplayer. the extension of files is".gem". the machine Id and it's password are available. I wanna know how to extract mp4 from gem file. gem is the type of extension which is applied by Thundersoft for encrypted video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. All information is needed.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by LZAA View Post
    All information is needed.
    thank you for your reply. I don`t understand. please tell me clearly which information you mean?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    hawaii
    Search PM
    upload to some server one .gem file to test it
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    upload to some server one .gem file to test it
    thank you for your reply. all files are in big size so I made a gem file with Thundersoft DRM protection for a sample with only 2 Mb which could be found from below link:
    https://www.4shared.com/s/fIym1dG0eea

    the machine Id is: 0003-034D-057E-00E8
    the password is: dVvirdesybKZyzjUHLwhPFaWQVZ26KjQU9/KsW5REF1PfmTShTfqtr1lIBvKDiVIeVyoOmJ7cYqVhirAhaUFf aAHgMtEpIbxfUiP7ccbbrZba+soBDpIyeJCxCidu/XdQlGzZ5jYRnBDGhy7Z6D1gyNWWiV9l+IAwlojPpcT3IAWjPqs vypRF6gILkMhBp4lYmpmaWlz

    if the mp4 could be extracted from this file it means all other videos would work in the same way.
    Last edited by shakila21; 1st Jul 2022 at 13:10.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member notaghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Pakistan
    Search PM
    we need to play the video so that we can investigate it our self.
    discord=notaghost#9997
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by notaghost View Post
    we need to play the video so that we can investigate it our self.
    thank you for your reply. I uploaded a sample video on my previous post. the target file is more than 1G and it was difficult to upload. to make it easier I convert a mp4 clip to gem file using Thundersoft DRM protection.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member DB83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    Your sample video does not play since the password is 'locked' to the machine ID (I see no way to change the ID in the free version of the player)

    But you need not have bothered to create one since there is a sample, with a working password (indepenent of the ID), on the home page


    https://www.thundershare.net/drm-protection/


    Using that sample there may be some conversion options but I would not hold your breath. Simplest (potential) solution is screen-recording software. Allbeit in a real-time scenario. I have not tested that tho.


    One other thing. Do not use these obscure file-sharing sites to upload samples which you could share direct here as an attachment.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Your sample video does not play since the password is 'locked' to the machine ID (I see no way to change the ID in the free version of the player)

    But you need not have bothered to create one since there is a sample, with a working password (indepenent of the ID), on the home page


    https://www.thundershare.net/drm-protection/


    Using that sample there may be some conversion options but I would not hold your breath. Simplest (potential) solution is screen-recording software. Allbeit in a real-time scenario. I have not tested that tho.


    One other thing. Do not use these obscure file-sharing sites to upload samples which you could share direct here as an attachment.
    thank you for your reply. unfortunately there is no way in Thundersoft DRM protection to extract Mp4 file and I can`t use this software to play my video either. I was hoping someone here could decrypt this kind of video since I know some people wrote a decoder to restore video in Mp4 format. I could not find any converter to change the type of movie too.
    recording from screen will face some problem since Thundersoft block any recorder and the recorded video would be all black. also the quality would be low too.

    thanks for little tip for uploading but since the extension of file is "gem" the system did not let me to upload it directly to the post.

    again thanks for your time and effort.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member DB83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    One can always get around the issue if this site does not allow for direct upload via an attachment. You just wrap the .GEM file as a .zip, rar etc.

    And are you now saying that you could also not play your sample ? Pretty pointless in wasting everyone's time in sending it if that is the case.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    One can always get around the issue if this site does not allow for direct upload via an attachment. You just wrap the .GEM file as a .zip, rar etc.

    And are you now saying that you could also not play your sample ? Pretty pointless in wasting everyone's time in sending it if that is the case.
    thank you for your reply and thanks for the tip about uploading.
    I can play sample file since I convert it to gem file using Thundersoft DRM Protection but my aim is to play the video in gem extension which is more than 1G and it is encrypted by Thundersoft drm protection and my machine ID is not matched with the machine ID of the video. I don`t wanna just play the video, I wanna extract the MP4 to be able to convert it to any video type and specification(such as resolutation, sound ,...)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member DB83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    The hard truth is that you can not have everything you desire (especially with digital video)

    Now you were asked to provide full information about these files. And by that a link to the source.


    But these files are not typical DRM protected at server level since they have to be downloaded - not played via streaming - and use a proprietory player just to view them. And from what I read, they only play from the drive they were created on - move the file and even the original creator can not play it.


    Now there has to be a pretty good reason why the creator went down this heavilly protected route. And the link to the source might well answer this question.


    And, yes, normal screen capture does not work. You can do a 'Google' as to why the screen is black and various suggestions how to get the image viewable. These invariably involve changing DirectX settings and I am not about to even attempt this.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    The hard truth is that you can not have everything you desire (especially with digital video)

    Now you were asked to provide full information about these files. And by that a link to the source.


    But these files are not typical DRM protected at server level since they have to be downloaded - not played via streaming - and use a proprietory player just to view them. And from what I read, they only play from the drive they were created on - move the file and even the original creator can not play it.


    Now there has to be a pretty good reason why the creator went down this heavilly protected route. And the link to the source might well answer this question.


    And, yes, normal screen capture does not work. You can do a 'Google' as to why the screen is black and various suggestions how to get the image viewable. These invariably involve changing DirectX settings and I am not about to even attempt this.
    thanks for your answer and attention.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads