VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used to download MP4 files, a lot of them. I was not doing for quilte a long time.

I always found great video quality in mp4 and play them from USB port of 3d supportin TV.
    Some time when I played 3D videos I always missed the 5.1 surrounds. I remember until 2018 I was able to find no way other than to play a 5.1 DVD .

Now recently I notice many mp4 files are mentioned with (5.1)!

Will they work If I play them on my theatre USB. I do have port! however I wonder if old DVD thaters by Samsung purchased 8-9 years from now, will be able to recognize the 5.1 AC3 sound?

Anyone have any such experience?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try playing some mp4 files with 5.1-channel AC3 audio and find out for yourself. If the files don't play with 5.1 sound then you'll have your answer. Performing this little experiment can't damage your equipment.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can do experiment as advised by usually_quiet or check is there Dolby Digital logo on your equipment... If Dolby logo is present then on 99.99% cases everything should work correct.
    Quote Quote  
  4. A model number of the Samsung DVD theater would be useful to determine what it is capable of playing.

For myself I use a USB port in my BD player.( It is an LG manufactured in 2012 & has no Cinavia detection)
    The Display function of the BD player shows the Audio being played.
    Further so does my Denon receiver that the Audio is played through.
    Quote Quote