VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Save the text as FineDehalo.avsi and put the .avsi file into avisynth's plugins folder. It will autoload then.

Or use this:
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Sharc; 4th Jul 2022 at 18:19. Reason: file added
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    Save the text as FineDehalo.avsi and put the .avsi file into avisynth's plugins folder. It will autoload then.

Or use this:
    Thanks, that is working now. But now it says there are syntax errors in the SMDegrain I got from Github
    [Attachment 65731 - Click to enlarge]
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. The script in post #38 also uses Santiag, SMDegrain, aWarpSharp2, and ChromaShiftSP. Some of the earlier scripts used QTGMC (which requires many other third party filters).

You may not need LSMASHSource. I don't have UT Video Codec installed so I couldn't use AviSource -- I used LWLIbavVideoSource (part of LSMASHSource) because it includes a UT decoder. You may be able to use AviSource() instead.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The script in post #38 also uses Santiag, SMDegrain, aWarpSharp2, and ChromaShiftSP. Some of the earlier scripts used QTGMC (which requires many other third party filters).

You may not need LSMASHSource. I don't have UT Video Codec installed so I couldn't use AviSource -- I used LWLIbavVideoSource (part of LSMASHSource) because it includes a UT decoder. You may be able to use AviSource() instead.
    Ok thank you. I got some of the avisynth plugins working, except SMDegrain so far. I did a test and there are no artifacts unlike Handbrake lol. It's great. I'm currently using AviSource, and have UT Codec installed.

[Attachment 65737 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by boolian2; 5th Jul 2022 at 04:44.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've never seen that error before. As a quick test, in the call to smdegrain try changing plane to 0 instead of 4, and prefilter to 3 instead of 4.

And make sure you have the dependencies for smdegrain:
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/SMDegrain#Dependencies
    Last edited by jagabo; 5th Jul 2022 at 07:40.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I've never seen that error before. As a quick test, in the call to smdegrain try changing plane to 0 instead of 4, and prefilter to 3 instead of 4.

And make sure you have the dependencies for smdegrain:
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/SMDegrain#Dependencies
    Thanks I will try that. I used MSU Denoiser vdub filter and it's working pretty good:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. There's a little bit of ghosting from MSU NR -- look closely at the low contrast detail in the panning shots. SMDegrain is motion compensated so it will probably work a bit better.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried this command line as suggested in the article:
    Code:
    SMDegrain(tr=2,thSAD=300,contrasharp=true,refinemotion=true,lsb=true)
    Seems like a good compromise, but my system is too slow (old AMD fx 4300 CPU) to experiment for too long.
    Had to revert to an older version of smdegrain, had the same error as reported earier with the current version
    Quote Quote  
  9. In the past I made good experience with MCDegrainSharp() for the processing of VHS. Just wondering why it seems to have disappeared from the avisynth wiki filters list.
    Quote Quote