VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I am using the Shutter Encoder application on Windows to batch convert .MOV files, which provides the option of injecting custom FFMPEG commands for each file. The app natively offers overlay (drawtext) of timecode starting at 00:00:00:00. I also see that it knows and preserves the metadata time for each file as this is included in the commands "-metadata creation_time="2022-06-27T16:00:30.730888500Z"

I would like to have the timecode start at the creation time, and was wondering how I might be able to offset the timecode as such. Or...is there another way of overlaying (drawtext-ing) a time counter, starting at creation time? I would also like to overlay the creation date as well. Thanks in advance for your advice.
    Last edited by adam201; 27th Jun 2022 at 11:07. Reason: Added details.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If ffmpeg cannot yet do this internally, you could always export the metadata (either using ffmpeg or exiftool or others), then use a subtitle editor to generate a subtitle of timecodes for overlay. then remux that sub back into the original media file. good thing there, is it is able to be switched off & on.

Scott
    Quote Quote