VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello there,

I am trying to recover footage of a car accident hit and run with injuries from our stores CCTV cameras.

My problem with the DVR is the mouse does not work, everything I've found online to try does not work, I was able to unplug the HD, and using my win10 pc and MiniTool was able to recover about 300 .swf files

I know the DVR was advertised as h265+

here is the exact model:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://www.amazon.com/ZOSI-1080P-Video-Surveillance-Recorder/dp/B07H2B5KM2
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ZOSI H.265+ 16Channel Full 1080P Video Security DVR Recorder with 2TB Hard Drive,16CH Hybrid 4-in-1 Surveillance CCTV DVR for 960H/CVI/TVI/AHD Home Security Cameras system,Remote View,Motion Detection

Package Dimensions 17.52 x 12.48 x 6.69 inches
    Item Weight 4.97 pounds
    ASIN B07H2B5KM2
    Item model number 1AR-16JK20
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have already tried making a copy of some of the .swf files (as suggested in a post here a couple years ago, which is about the closest thing I can find on the internet related to my problem/use case.)

I took that copy and changed the file extension to .flv, mp4, mov, h265/4, etc.

I also tried running those swf and the others extensions through FFMPEG and and am getting an error saying "Invalid Data when processing input"

When I run the file through media info I receive this Text Export:

General
    Complete name : C:\DVRFOOTAGE\camera_file.swf
    File size : 126 MiB

Which is unable to really pick up any info on the folder if I understand correctly.

I've tried playing all the files (many of the swf's recovered but I mean all the file extension changes as well as the swf) in many video players suggested, including IE as if it were a shockwave file, (only on Win10 PC... can try XP when I get to office tomorrow)

Including but not limited to:
    Windows Media Player, VLC, Media Player Classic, Final Media Player, and many more.

Also tried converting the copy through some video converters many of which did not recognize and were unable to open the swf in the first place.
    Those included:
    Faasoft Video Converter, Movavi Video Converter 2, Video to Video, F Video Converter, and more.

When I load the drive into PC using an external USB SATA adapter and load disk management I am able to see the drive with no drive letter, and an Unallocated volume.
    Most of the data recovery tools I tried weren't able to recover any files, Mini Tool was able to.

I did try to view through a Ext4 partition viewer as windows did not recognize it, was supposed to provide a windows explorer style tree directory structure to view what was on it, but that did not work as well. The program was called Ext2Explore.

I am at my wits end on this one and am looking for any advice on where to go next.... This was the only place that was able to recover some video when a womans house was robbed, so fingers crossed you guys can lend a hand with this one.

previous thread I was talking about:

How to Play SWF Files

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/394605-how-to-play-swf-files
    Quote Quote  
  2. You could try Testdisk to possibly restore the file system on the hard disk and/or find and restore files.
    https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

IMPORTANT! Don't write to this HD.
    Last edited by ProWo; 27th Jun 2022 at 02:19.
    Quote Quote