+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lollo View Post
    Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
    Every reply you do on this forum is usually wrong.
    You are the reason a lot of people leave this forum.
    Now you stop this. Jagabo is one of the most knowledgeable users here, and you should learn from him rather than acting like a troll who knows nothing.
    Stop what? The truth? I’ve seen some of the replies to other members. He belittles them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That's absurd. I reviewed that last 6 or 7 of your own threads, 4 of which jagabo posted to, and all of his posts were helpful, informative, and well mannered, with no belittlement in sight (by him). You even thanked him a few times.
    Better look in the mirror if you want to point out trigger-happy maledictors.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Actually jagabo is perhaps the only guy on this forum who answers shortly (well, can be long and elaborate if it is fun) , only the questions and stays on the subject AND is correct. And you are pulling out an agenda on him. It is absurd, ignorance is a bliss.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Here's an answer for you: anywhere from 20 to 40000 kbps.
    You are the reason a lot of people leave this forum.
    jagabo has probably forgotten more than you or I will ever know about video stuff. Sometimes you get more bees with honey.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
    Stop what? The truth? I’ve seen some of the replies to other members. He belittles them.
    Your truth is your truth - same like arse - everyone has own arse and everyone has own truth (i.e. yify video encoding settings). Seem You've already get answer for your question (different forum) - so please share it here so it can be provided to others with same problem.
    You don't like this forum - me will be sad for the whole evening but at some point i will go to bed and tomorrow for sure forget about sadness.
    HD BD bitrate is limited by H.264 HP@L4.0 (technically it can be H.264 HP@L4.1 capped to 40Mbps but it may fail with older BD players).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Hey guys

I know everyone has a different answer and opinion, but if you were encoding a H264 file for Blu Ray burning, 1920x1080, what bit rate on average do you aim for? Is 7000 too low? Is 15000 too high?

I know every video is different, but just trying to get some opinions from you fine people.

Thanks

Ani
    1. Make the mp4 file with the -crf 19 setting (for example, because it can be crf 17 or 21 - it depends how much you care about the quality close to the original).
    2. The resulting average bitrate is what you should be aiming for.

I set the average as it comes out, the maximum is 2x higher and it's OK.
    Maybe it can be better, but it is enough.
    Quote Quote