VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello I am having trouble understanding how to use this command.
    youtube-dl --cookies cookies.txt -o \
    "./%(chapter_number)s-%(chapter)s/%(autonumber)03d-%(title)s.%(ext)s" \
    <URL-of-the-course-platform>/courses/enrolled/<some-number>
    I assume I have to replace cookies.txt with the file that I have? Also, I don't understand the second line of code. Do I have to do anything to it?

Also, I am using yt-dlp so I figure all I have to do is replace the youtube-dl.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Code:
    yt-dlp --cookies-from-browser firefox "url"
    Also chrome or edge
    Quote Quote  
  3. 1) why use yt-dl and not yt-dlp? second app have more addons and is more recent. it's an evolution of the previous one

2) if you have your browser installed on default path simply use --cookies-from-browser firefox (or chrome)
    use --cookies cookies.txt only if you have a portable browser version (like me)

but your cookie.txt what's in it? how did you place cookies from your site? need one extension, export cookie, paste into new txt and save it
    Quote Quote  
  4. @lomero,
    cokies can be captuired with extension , rigth, but also can be extracted from dev-mode, network ( f12).
    In mine personal case i fpound this necesary!
    Quote Quote  
  5. cookie they are not on dev tool, but in the browser cache
    go on setting and search "cookie" or simply paste this on your address bar
    Code:
    chrome://settings/content/all?search=cookie
    but ext work better
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do have yt-dlp sorry for the mix up. I got the cookies from a site via an extension. Also when I tried yt-dlp --cookies-from-browser firefox "url" I got Lecture contents locked. Use --cookies, --cookies-from-browser, --username and --password, or --netrc (teachable) to provide account credentials
    How do I go forward? I tried typing this in my terminal -cookies, --cookies-from-chrome, (--username and --password) from the site I want to download from. I don't know how to fill in the information correctly in the terminal. If it requires a key then I won't bother.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Code:
    yt-dlp -u YOURUSERNAME -p YOURPASSWORD --cookies-from-browser firefox "url"
    Username /pwd are case sensitive.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Takyon View Post
    I do have yt-dlp sorry for the mix up. I got the cookies from a site via an extension. Also when I tried yt-dlp --cookies-from-browser firefox "url" I got Lecture contents locked. Use --cookies, --cookies-from-browser, --username and --password, or --netrc (teachable) to provide account credentials
    How do I go forward? I tried typing this in my terminal -cookies, --cookies-from-chrome, (--username and --password) from the site I want to download from. I don't know how to fill in the information correctly in the terminal. If it requires a key then I won't bother.
    Open the terminal window in the same folder you downloaded the "cookies.txt" file, and make sure the filename matches the one you specified after --cookies. In example: if you downloaded a file called facebook_cookies.txt, you must type --cookies facebook_cookies.txt
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok so I posted everything in the terminal and I am getting "[Teachable] 3946609: Unable to find video URL; please report this issue on https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/issues?q= , filling out the appropriate issue template. Confirm you are on the latest version using yt-dlp -U" This is what I typed in the terminal
    yt-dlp --cookies /Users/davesamuels/Downloads/teachable.com_cookies.txt -u username -p password --cookies-from-browser chrome "https://codingphase.teachable.com/courses/learn-advance-css-with-flexbox-and-css-grid-course/lectures/3946609". I put my real username and password in the code of course. Also opened the terminal where the cookies.txt file was located.
    Last edited by Takyon; 16th Jun 2022 at 15:34.
    Quote Quote  
  10. 1) rename your cookie txt file on simple cookies.txt and put this file on same folder with yt-dlp
    2) you have used 2 times cookie
    --cookies /Users/...... and --cookies-from-browser chrome
    use only one: from browser or from txt
    3) dont put video link but mpd link. yt-dlp work only with few site. otherwise use mpd link
    4) add on the and output filename -o video.mp4
    5) sometime ffmpeg help for some stream. put on same folder with yt-dlp
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    1) rename your cookie txt file on simple cookies.txt and put this file on same folder with yt-dlp
    2) you have used 2 times cookie
    --cookies /Users/...... and --cookies-from-browser chrome
    use only one: from browser or from txt
    3) dont put video link but mpd link. yt-dlp work only with few site. otherwise use mpd link
    4) add on the and output filename -o video.mp4
    5) sometime ffmpeg help for some stream. put on same folder with yt-dlp
    Do you have any recommendation for software for mpd link for a Mac user? I did some research on this forum and I only see TVdownloader which only seems to be for Windows
    Last edited by Takyon; 16th Jun 2022 at 16:55.
    Quote Quote  
  12. here 90% window user
    anyway you don't need any app. search mpd from dev tool and put on yt-dlp with correct code. your code is totally wrong ... this is your problem, and not pc or mac or any other app ...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by codehound View Post
    Code:
    yt-dlp -u YOURUSERNAME -p YOURPASSWORD --cookies-from-browser firefox "url"
    Username /pwd are case sensitive.
    When you use this king of combinations user and pass need to be converted base64?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to thank Lomero for helping me with my problem.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi guys only go to me from today cookie browser not in discovery or anywhere showing this message could you help me Image
    [Attachment 71583 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  16. Use:

--add-header "Cookie: xxxxxxxxxxx"
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by LZAA View Post
    Use:

--add-header "Cookie: xxxxxxxxxxx"
    give me private, please, I don't understand what to add, do I need to change something?
    Quote Quote  
  18. yt-dlp --add-header "Cookie: xxxxxxxxxxx" ....
    Quote Quote