VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all,

so I've been using VSDC for a while now and made some simple but nice videos.

One thing though seems overly complicated for me and I wonder if I'm simply doing it wrong or if VSDC come to its limits with creating shapes:
    For example I made several arrows out of the free shape tool by placing all the shape points seperately. That seemed pretty complicated already but i thouhgt hey, once some shape are made i can just adjust and group them together like making a double arrow out of one single arrow. When I group souch a compound shape (like the double arrow) or make a sprite out of it I cant even rotate that anymore.

How do you create descriptive shapes in videos just like in a way you are used to do that in Power Point? I'm about to create several videos but if that thing is going to be pretty time consuming I might have to think about other tools (also for that I'd appreciated your experiences).

Thanks for any advice!
    Quote Quote  
  2. If the arrows are not to be moving in your video then use a photo editing program to create an arrow and save it as a JPG file and overlay it in your video editing program. That's the easy way I do it. If the arrow has to move around in your video then most video editing programs can do that also.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    If the arrows are not to be moving in your video then use a photo editing program to create an arrow and save it as a JPG file and overlay it in your video editing program. That's the easy way I do it. If the arrow has to move around in your video then most video editing programs can do that also.
    Thanks TreeTops. In fact I did that one time when I used an arrow with a sort of brush style. If there has to be a tiny change to it you cannot really tweak it a lot and it ends up in a similar situation. Nevertheless your idea is still good, because it is way easier and faster to design shapes in any editing software!!
    Quote Quote