VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I have a Hitachi Hi8 camcorder that has a fault (I think?)
    It shows some very faint horizontal lines in the picture.

The problem isn't with the digitalization or with interlacing, because the same problem can be seen when I connect the camcorder to a television (CRT, LCD, whatever...)
    However, the picture is fine on the camera LCD/EVF.

I've also tried it with 2-3 different cables, so I know the problem isn't with the connectors/cables.
    And also, if I put the camera in CAMERA mode, the picture is fine on the television.

The fault: Image
    [Attachment 65294 - Click to enlarge]

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dodgy tape?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Dodgy tape?
    I don't think so.

If I make a brand new recording onto another or the same tape with this camcorder, the picture will still look like this. (But only on external display, TV, etc.., not on the camera's built-in LCD/EVF).

This is really strange..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Lookup Hanover bars. It can be fixed in post I believe by delaying chroma lines, Jagabo is the right person to help you on this, Some reported that de-interlacing took care of it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Lookup Hanover bars. It can be fixed in post I believe by delaying chroma lines, Jagabo is the right person to help you on this, Some reported that de-interlacing took care of it.
    Thank you!
    I thought that these 'Hanover Bars' can only occur on PAL systems, but this is NTSC.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    You have not mentioned that you have NTSC tapes so it was just a good guess from my part since I know nothing about the tapes you have, how they've been recorded or where they are originated from other than they are Hi8 tapes.
    Quote Quote