VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    I'm trying to get rid of timestamps, and in another topic of this forum people are helping great in achieving this with mindblowing results.

Only problem now is that I need to combine video's now first. And I'm not understanding all these script related software, unfortunatelly....

The problem:
    My camera went to factory defaults, activating loop recording and timestamp.

Loop recording made a cut every 3 min. but the clips are not matching together from the start/end. There's somekind of overlap of about 59 frames. But not always from the same frame.
    So this means I should look and find the matching frames manually. And from there decide where to put the trim points on the ending and starting clips.

I was using Pinnacle Studio for this until now, which has a trim function, which works great and easy on this. Showing a splitscreen of both clips, which makes it verry easy to find the right spot. Only problem here is that the export function seems to be not so good. Colors seem to degrade on export, which makes the video useless for timestamp removal.

So I'm achtually looking for an alternative that will let me (visually) combine clips by looking for the matching frames manually (prefering 2 screens of both video's next to each other). And most important, which is capable of exporting the final result lossless.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Can't you export to a lossless format in Pinnacl Studio?
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can try LostlessCut. It's free and fast. Must drag and drop all the files at one go.

Here is a how-to video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USMXFmJfYZo
    Last edited by pchan; 10th Jun 2022 at 05:01.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Can't you export to a lossless format in Pinnacl Studio?
    As it so far seems, no.

[Attachment 65312 - Click to enlarge]

I've tried a few presets now. But it seems colors are degraded a bit after export, and parts of the dyn. mask bleed through. Even when I check "same as timeline".

Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    Can try LostlessCut. It's free and fast. Must drag and drop all the files at one go.

Here is a how-to video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USMXFmJfYZo
    Thanks! I came acros this program yesterday too already. It looks simple, and works verry fast. And the results seem to look quite lossless so far.
    I only having a problem getting the video's mached up here. Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

I'm taking advantage of the timestamp here. Because video's are cut in loop recording, but still have an amount of frames overlapping. So I scroll to the frame of the last/first seccond change.
    So as an axample: I set a marker on the last frame before 8 secconds turn to 9 in the first video. And the first frame 9th seccond on the seccond video. So both video's end and start on the exact same time. But when I merge them together and export them, then It's jumping slightly back at the merging point. Then I see the secconds turn from 8 to 9 (merge point) and then again from 8 to 9 again. So it seems it's somehow not exactly cutting at the point I want it to cut.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Rockel83 View Post
    I'm trying to get rid of timestamps, and in another topic of this forum people are helping great in achieving this with mindblowing results.

Only problem now is that I need to combine video's now first. And I'm not understanding all these script related software, unfortunatelly....

The problem:
    My camera went to factory defaults, activating loop recording and timestamp.

Loop recording made a cut every 3 min. but the clips are not matching together from the start/end. There's somekind of overlap of about 59 frames. But not always from the same frame.
    So this means I should look and find the matching frames manually. And from there decide where to put the trim points on the ending and starting clips.

I was using Pinnacle Studio for this until now, which has a trim function, which works great and easy on this. Showing a splitscreen of both clips, which makes it verry easy to find the right spot. Only problem here is that the export function seems to be not so good. Colors seem to degrade on export, which makes the video useless for timestamp removal.

So I'm achtually looking for an alternative that will let me (visually) combine clips by looking for the matching frames manually (prefering 2 screens of both video's next to each other). And most important, which is capable of exporting the final result lossless.
    MAGIX Vegas
    This is easy to do by placing the clips on two tracks and trimming.
    Quote Quote  
  6. selecting format AVI should give you more options . If you have a lossless AVI codec installed, such as lagarith, it should allow you to use it
    Quote Quote