VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I struggeled to find someone with a similar problem so I hope some of you might help me. I own a magewell usb capture card and have had some issues when recording. It can indivudually record sound and video fine but not at the same time because as soon as I as much as open OBS or streamlabs the sound gets distorted just because the video is beeing monitored. This is what I dont get, I cannot find anything wrong with either the sound input or the video input but as said if I monitor the screen at all (even in a muted state) the sound gets distorted (both hearing it live and recording). I have tried a lot of enabeling an disabeling of inputs and changing of video and audio 1uality (resolution, fps, ...).

Don't know if it helps but I added a recording ingame using a nintendo switch and OBS studios, first only audio and after that i added the Video source (two separate files), and I also added the logfile from OBS from that session.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Describe what source you are capturing and at what parameters to get better help.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Image
    [Attachment 65270 - Click to enlarge]
    The sources are just an "Audio Input Capture" from the source "HDMI(usb capture HDMI+)", and a "video capture device" from the source "usb capture HDMI+". The parameters are just set to device default, match output fps and so on, everything is set to defaults but in checking for errors I tried to change everything I could without help.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I didn't see the text file my bad. Does Magewell have a capture app, give it a try.
    Last edited by dellsam34; 8th Jun 2022 at 13:48.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Magewell DOES have a capture app.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. I tried the capture app and had the same problem, I also tried changing some settings but the magewell app was a lot simpler and therefore had a lot fewer settings to try to locate the error. I was thinking it could be a hardware problem aswell but I'm confused as the capturecard workd perfectly when Obs or other recording apps don't observe it. Btw thanks for the input.

I also add a short recording done with Magewell capture express (the app does not provide logs as far as I can tell).
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. Late response but I've had my share of OBS audio headaches. Saw this in the OBS text file:

17:56:38.836: video device: USB Capture HDMI+
    17:56:38.836: video path: \\?\usb#vid_2935&pid_0004&mi_00#7&c417ff&0&0000#{6 5e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\global
    17:56:38.836: resolution: 1920x1080
    17:56:38.836: fps: 59.94 (interval: 166833)
    17:56:38.836: format: YUY2
    17:56:38.878: using video device audio: no
    17:56:38.878: audio device: Computer (USB Capture HDMI+ Computer)

This tells me the capture card video device you've added is NOT using its HDMI audio as its associated audio input in your scene, and is using "computer" (peeked briefly at their documentation and it looks like this is for if you are screen recording your desktop which you aren't, you have added the card as a video device). Try going to the video device settings and changing the audio device associated with it from "computer" to "HDMI" so it is grabbing from the source and see if that works. If not may need to see screenshots of all of the settings associated with the video device and audio device.
    Last edited by ArcanaXIX; 17th Jun 2022 at 03:24.
    Quote Quote