VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've downloaded strongene-HEVC/H.265 Decoder (windows.tar) from http://www.strongene.com/en/downloads/downloadCenter.jsp but lentdec.exe does not work on my 32-bit computer (Win7) giving the compatibility error prompt.
    [Attachment 65220 - Click to enlarge]

The reg.bat registered in administer mode though.

On the software side, is there any other way to play H.265 video smoothly on my old computer (core 2 duo 8400)?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    You don't need that .EXE, which is a 64-bit application, what you need is register the DirectShow decoders from the "windows_plugin" folder.
    I have not tested the .DLLs (yet), but they should be compatible with LAV Splitter, you shouldn't need the Strongene FLV and MP4 splitters.

EDIT: Lentoid HEVC decoder still compatible with LAV Splitter.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 6th Jun 2022 at 07:44. Reason: update
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    On the software side, is there any other way to play H.265 video smoothly on my old computer (core 2 duo 8400)?
    It depends on the resolution (frame dimension) and playback rate (frames per second).
    Just as an example, my ancient Core2 Quad running on 64-bit Windows 7 cannot play HEVC smoothly with LAV Video above 1080p at 60 fps.
    Several years ago the 32-bit Lentoid decoder was faster than the 32-bit edition of LAV Video,
    MAYBE things have changed since 2018.
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Never use codecs packages,they do more harm than help,try mpc-hc to play the file.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote