VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello Everyone. I have a video with an AAC-LC Audio track in 7.1. My media player will play it but it sounds garbled. The track plays fine in VLC. I've tried remuxing to m2ts from mkv, no luck there. My other movie with AAC-LC Audio also plays garbly on my Sony 4k disk player Any Idea's on how to convert the audio portion to something friendlier. Thanks in advance. Lou p
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Audacity with the FFmpeg For Audacity install.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Audacity supports multichannel audio formats
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hello Everyone. Thanks for the quick reply. I have my 8 channels of audio open on Audacity, I can't seem to find a setting that could convert AAC-LC to regular AAC. Could someone push me in the right direction?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    aac-LC is the normal, most widely used aac profile. Perhaps you have some other problem.

In Audacity, file/export audio/save as type
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Trying converting them to ac3 to see if it's just your tv and media player that's having issues with aac.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks Everyone for your input on this project. Using Audacity, I converted my 7.1 channel AAC Track to a 5.1 channel AC3 track. The audio muxed in fine with video and everything looks and sound great. Thanks again
    Quote Quote