VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i need to make an ffmpeg cmd file to remove info from an mkv file. this is what i have so far:-

Code:
    if not exist New\ md New
    ffmpeg.exe -i "%~1" -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -metadata title="" -metadata comment="" -map 0 -c:v copy -c:a copy -c:s copy -y "New\%~nx1"
    i drag an mkv file on top of the cmd file and it creates a modified mkv file in a folder called new

the cmd file only removes metadata, chapters, title and comments. i also need to remove global tag, tags, audio track title, audio track language, video track title and video track language. is it possible to modify the cmd file to remove the extra things?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cns00 View Post
    i need to make an ffmpeg cmd file to remove info from an mkv file. this is what i have so far:-

Code:
    if not exist New\ md New
    ffmpeg.exe -i "%~1" -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -metadata title="" -metadata comment="" -map 0 -c:v copy -c:a copy -c:s copy -y "New\%~nx1"
    i drag an mkv file on top of the cmd file and it creates a modified mkv file in a folder called new

the cmd file only removes metadata, chapters, title and comments. i also need to remove global tag, tags, audio track title, audio track language, video track title and video track language. is it possible to modify the cmd file to remove the extra things?
    try this here - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38964861/how-to-remove-all-metadata-using-ffmpeg
    Quote Quote  
  3. this is what the original mkv file has:-
    [Attachment 65043 - Click to enlarge]

as you see there are tags, global tag, chapters, audio language and also there is audio track name and video track name if i click on the audio track and the video track. i need to remove those things

i tried the parameters which are in the link. it didn't help
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    You might need
    Code:
    -map_metadata:s -1
    to clear out per-stream metadata.
    Quote Quote