VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I've got the BluRay of a filmed TV show. And it is, of course, at the "correct" frame rate.

But this show is dubbed in the UK and this is the dubbed version. So I'm used to watching it at 25fps. And I've checked. The sound is slower (although I suspect they may have pitch-corrected it). So I wish to speed it up. As well as the sound. If the speedup makes them sound like chipmunks, I'll either pitch-correct the sound back to normal or even go so far as to re-sync the soundtrack from my PAL DVD copy of this same show - I don't care, I'll do it!

However, all I have to work with is Video ReDo TV Suite 6 or Nero 8 or HandBrake (although I don't know if it can convert frame rates) and Cool Edit 2000 for the sound. So what would I need? Preferably something cheap. I don't want to make any other changes. Just speed the picture and sound up. No dumping frames or anything.

Basic specs: Win 10 (upgradable), Intel 10700, 16GB (slow) DDR4
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not sure about those programs but it's very much possible with avisynth
    Quote Quote  
  3. You could also leave the video at 23.976fps and adjust the audio pitch only from 23.976 to 25.
    This can be done by clever Ffmpeg-GUI (freeware).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    You could also leave the video at 23.976fps and adjust the audio pitch only from 23.976 to 25.

Thanks for the suggestion, but all the incidental music and the closing theme song sounds too slow.
    Funny thing, though, I did not notice anything wrong / slow sounding with the opening theme song!
    Quote Quote  
  5. You can change the video frame rate without reencoding. Some examples in this thread:

https://superuser.com/questions/1088382/change-framerate-in-ffmpeg-without-reencoding
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    If you want to learn basics and technical background: StainlessS translated a guide to English, originally written by scharfis_brain in German - "exotic Interlacing"
    Quote Quote  
  7. mkvtoolnix:

Code:
    mkvmerge -o 25fps.mkv --default-duration 0:25p --fix-bitstream-timing-information 0:1 24fps.mkv
    You can also use the GUI.

This is for AVC. For HEVC must also do:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i 25fps.mkv -c copy -bsf:v hevc_metadata=tick_rate=25:num_ticks_poc_diff_one=1 25fps_final.mkv
    (because mkvmerge's --fix-bitstream-timing-information only works for AVC, not HEVC)
    Last edited by Luke M; 24th May 2022 at 19:44.
    Quote Quote  
  8. TMPGEnc Mastering Works speed filter can do this,24fps to 25fps is 104%,reverse is 96%
    23.976fps to 25 fps is 104.27%
    Quote Quote