VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When i have inserted a tape it only makes a notice about trying to load the tape then the motor goes off. I have had this problem before and it seems to fix itself after some weeks. What can the problem be?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm not sure i understand but if your problem is about loading the tape, i'd say it's a lack of grease somewhere (gears, base of the guide..) grease tend to dry. You'd have to clean the old one, and put some new. If you remove the front panel you will see gears on the right.

Could be also a belt problem (they become loose over time, they don't grip that much)
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. I can post a picture.
    Quote Quote  

4. It seems like the tape won't load.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can post pictures directly to this site,the other one is very slow to load pics.Check the main belt on the bottom of the vcr if you can see it.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Is the VCR model # a secret?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by OldSchool297 View Post
    When i have inserted a tape it only makes a notice about trying to load the tape then the motor goes off.
    Try cleaning the mode switch of the vcr.
    Quote Quote  
  8. We're is the mode switch?
    Quote Quote  
  9. *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  10. Looks like the reel is not even wrapped around the drum so i say it's a belt issue, it might be loose, don't provide enough torque. Time to swap it
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  11. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    A year ago I asked for a model # for a specific reason related to VCR shuttdown but you ignored the request as if I was asking for a favor, Well good luck on your quest.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Oh sorry, i forgot it is a LG LV270
    Quote Quote  
  13. How do i fix the belt? It is correct that the tape don't get wrapped around the drum.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You replace the belt,it can't be fixed if it's too loose.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote