VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    So I need to blur the text of several videos, I usually use Movavi Video Coverter to edit/split files because there's almost no quality loss, sadly it doesn't have a option for blurring.
    I know how to do it with Sony Vegas Pro, but I've tried every setting possible and there's always a visible quality loss after rendering.
    Does anyone know of a free option to blur a clip, with no or very minimal quality loss?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Nico Darko View Post
    I know how to do it with Sony Vegas Pro, but I've tried every setting possible and there's always a visible quality loss after rendering.
    If you've tried uncompressed, and there still is visible quality loss, it suggests a problem with your settings or project setup. Perhaps a mismatch with the asset(s), project and/or export settings, or inadvertently some other operation being applied

Otherwise, for lossy compression ,use a higher bitrate or better encoder. The bundled ones for AVC, HEVC are not very good. eg. with voukoder plugin you can use libx264, libx265
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't know I've been using Vegas for years and I've never been able to get a lossless result. Is there an uncompressed option?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Nico Darko View Post
    I don't know I've been using Vegas for years and I've never been able to get a lossless result. Is there an uncompressed option?
    Yes uncompressed options , and 3rd party lossless codecs like lagarith, ut video etc.. which need to be installed

If you use uncompressed or lossless, and you still see visible loss, you've already ruled out compression as the reason . The reason has to be something else, such as your project settings, or export settings (e.g. maybe different resolution, or framerate and you have frameblending on)

Vegas works in RGB, so if your asset is YUV, there is technically some loss, but it should not be visible loss (when you "see" something it has been converted to RGB anyways, for display)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you so much, I downloaded lagarith and it worked! Well first it didn't because I had to render it in the exact same resolution, but now the quality loss is very minimal.
    I assume it only works in avi though? couldn't find a way to render in another format.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Nico Darko View Post
    Thank you so much, I downloaded lagarith and it worked! Well first it didn't because I had to render it in the exact same resolution, but now the quality loss is very minimal.
    I assume it only works in avi though? couldn't find a way to render in another format.

If there is a mismatched setting like a different resolution - of course there is going to be loss

But it's a lossless codec. If there still is "very minimal" loss, you still have something configured incorrectly, or some other issue like playback problem. Lossless means no loss.

Yes AVI only , although it might be able to force it into a MKV container
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ok thanks, I'll check everything again for a real lossless result.
    Quote Quote