VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey, I'm searching for a tool that can sync an audio track with comparing two audio tracks of another language.

I have a video with a German and a Japenese audio track. I want to put the German audio track on another video that has only the Japanese audio track atm. Wouldn't it be easy to sync the German audio track of the first video with the help of both Japanese tracks? There is already a tool which does something similar for subtitles: https://github.com/tp7/Sushi
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well, sometimes it's kinda hard to sync two different languages due to different length of syllables. Maybe you should try make yourself for better quality? I had an experience with these tools you mentioned and final quality doesn't seem great.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Syncing based on audio isn't a good idea in my opinion. What you want to do is compare the video tracks and adjust the audio based on the video difference.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Luke M View Post
    Syncing based on audio isn't a good idea in my opinion. What you want to do is compare the video tracks and adjust the audio based on the video difference.
    What's the best tool for it? Seems like most typical tools like Premiere Pro are really annoying to use with audio tracks with more channels.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've only used mkvmerge for syncing, but never anything difficult. A benefit of using mkvmerge (or some other scriptable tool) is you can sync subtitles at the same time, no extra work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Ninelpienel View Post
    Originally Posted by Luke M View Post
    Syncing based on audio isn't a good idea in my opinion. What you want to do is compare the video tracks and adjust the audio based on the video difference.
    What's the best tool for it? Seems like most typical tools like Premiere Pro are really annoying to use with audio tracks with more channels.
    On the contrary, with the larger amount of tracks, the more a hefty app like PPro is the correct tool for the job.

Sync on video if possible, then on music/sfx (as those are often common to all language releases), then try overall vocal dynamics & emphasis, then lastly on actual syllabic changes, as those are the most unique to each language.

I say this having done a bunch of multi-language titles for corporate clients (incl Spanish, French, German, Chinese).

Scott
    Quote Quote