VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to video tape oval dirt track racing from a stationary camera. This way it could record all the classes without someone being there to run it. Then after the races I want to be able to edit it and zoom in on a particular driver and then follow them around the track to make a highlight video for them. From what I have researched it would be the zoom/pan option. I haven't really seen one that is dynamic as I am looking for. I would be using it the entire video. I have also seen some that use a joystick. That feels like it would be really handy to use to follow the drivers around the track and keep them in frame.

Any suggestions on what software/hardware would be capable of this?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Any thoughts on this? I've tried googling software and nothing seems to fit. I find that hard to believe, but don't know where to look next.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry never used less than 4 cameras to shoot a race. one each on front and back stretch, and a manned camera at both 1,2 and 3,4. no way to use one camera and edit after. it's not in any way possible, and if you did do it that way, it would be crappy coverage no one would want to view.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Pretty much every advanced editor has pan and zoom features to which you can add tracking. But you can only zoom so much before the picture becomes a blurry mess. So unless you have a gigapixel camera this will be a mess.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Pretty much every advanced editor has pan and zoom features to which you can add tracking.
    Panning in post looks wrong because the subject centered in the frame is blurry but the moving background is sharp. Sure, can try shooting with high shutter speed, but then it would look too stuttery even at 60 fps. Maybe can try adding motion blur. Doing it right in camera would look better.
    Quote Quote