VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search PM
    Hello guys... For those who didn't understand my drama, it's in this post --->

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/404061-D-VHS-JVC-problems-with-firewire-connecting-on-PC

But I did new things. I did what someone here in Brazil had told me (Ítalo)... I uninstalled the pinnacle card drivers, took it out of the computer, turned on the computer without it, turned off the computer, put the card back in and connected to it the D-Vhs with DV cable to firewire into pinnacle card.

I turned on the D-Vhs first and then the computer.
    So it still nothing. The same problem persists. One of the drivers keeps not installing anymore it just shows the exclamation mark.

The only one that installs is the ''JVC HM-DH30000U AV/C Tape Recorder/Player''. I translated for you guys to understand what the computer messages say.

And before dellsam34 tells me anything. No, I'm not currently interested in knowing if the D-Vhs captures Vhs over the firewire cable on the computer. I'm only interested to know what got damaged, the DV / i-Link output from the D-Vhs or the firewire input from Pinnacle. That's all i only wanna know by the moment!

I did all the tests I found on the internet, used different cables, plugged into other Pinnacle and D-Vhs inputs/outputs and so on.

As I still don't have another card with firewire input to test I will be in doubt... But I will be happy if I know that what was damaged was only the firewire input of the pinnacle, the D-Vhs is much more important to me.

[Attachment 64730 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 64731 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 64732 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 64733 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by Caius; 9th May 2022 at 05:31.

2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    No matter how many threads you open for the exact same issue, as long as you are not listening you will never end your drama. The mods sooner or later will start to close your threads and instruct you to go back to the main one.

Search PM
    While your testing methods may be improving, the part about installing drivers is still one of the weak spots.

When you install (or uninstall and then re-install as in this case) a card/device, it needs drivers. Sometimes those drivers use, or are generically compatible with, the stock Windows drivers for that class of equipment. In those cases, you either have to do nothing (as they might already be installed), or you have to wait a bit for Windows to do a search for the drivers and then download and install them. This way is fairly easy to do, but this only provides support & features for the most generic of capabilities of the device. For many devices, that is enough.
    For your Pinnacle device, I am betting that it requires not just the stock drivers, but an actual custom driver from an install disc or manufacturer site. If that is what is going on, it would be no surprise that you wouldn't be able to use the features like you were intending.

Or, it could also be that your D-VHS is not compatible with that card, regardless. This possibility has been mentioned to you multiple times already.

Or, it could be that your Firewire ports (either the source or the sink, or both) truly are fried. The only way to tell that is either to take them to a repair shop / manufacturer/rep to be checked and/or repaired, or to troubleshoot by yourself using standard methods: replacing one-by-one with equivalent known-good devices and testing again, etc. in order to isolate and deduce which element(s) are at fault.

Scott

4. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Actually he doesn't have any problem with drivers at all, I've tried to explain to him like 100 times that the tuner driver will never install correctly as it needs a TV program to work with and the firewire problem is related to the card being used which only accepts DV not mpeg-2, But he decided to ignore all the advice and enjoy living in La La land. I just told him in the latest thread that he needs a different firewire card, what did he do? open a new thread.

Let's try it in his language:

Su tarjeta firewire no acepta mpeg-2

5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Caius-please do not open another thread on the same subject you already started,continue here-
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/405664-Afraid-to-connect-the-camcorder-to-the-board#post2656006
    This thread is closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.