VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have Win10 and I Open My Audio Files and Video Files in MediaInfo to See all the Data on them.

But if I Open My mp4. H264 File in it it is just giving Me very little Information.

Is this because it is an mp4. File and is there another Program I should be using?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No it probably means your mp4 is either corrupt or not a real mp4. Virus in disguise?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. You may be Right because I am using Any Video Converter.

It gives Me a list of mp4 Format to Pick from.

mp4.V
    Customizable mp4.

What is the Real one I should use?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    They are both "REAL". Do you need to customize it?

Try both. Use a small test source file and compare quality-wise AND looking at its metadata with Mediainfo. Hopefully, that will guide you to the right choice.

Of course, it would be infinitely easier to assist if we knew: 1) what you had to start with 2) what you were wanting to end with, 3) what tools you have available to you, and 4) why you need that.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have a lot of My DVD Movies on a USB Hard Drive.

All the Movies I Copied from My DVDs as MKV Files.

So I Converted them to mp4V H264 and also mp4. H264 and put them on My SD Card.

My JimTab M18 Pro. Projector Tells Me File Not Supported.

JimTab Tells Me that the Projector sould Play mp4. H264 Files.

Then they Tell Me it should use a Video Bit Rate of 5,000 kbps.

I Told them I am using a Video Bit Rate of 5,000 kbps.

The starnge thing is if I use a Video Bit Rate of 512 kbps they all Play very good.

I Told JimTab this and they Told Me the Projector should not be able to Play a mp4. H264 File of 512 kbps it is to Low of a Video Bit Rate.

This is why I Opened it in MediaInfo to See if My 512 kbps is Really 512,000 bps.

But none of the mp4. Files Open with a lot of Data in MediaInfo.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by biferi View Post
    I have a lot of My DVD Movies on a USB Hard Drive.

All the Movies I Copied from My DVDs as MKV Files.

So I Converted them to mp4V H264 and also mp4. H264 and put them on My SD Card.

My JimTab M18 Pro. Projector Tells Me File Not Supported.

JimTab Tells Me that the Projector sould Play mp4. H264 Files.

Then they Tell Me it should use a Video Bit Rate of 5,000 kbps.

I Told them I am using a Video Bit Rate of 5,000 kbps.

The starnge thing is if I use a Video Bit Rate of 512 kbps they all Play very good.

I Told JimTab this and they Told Me the Projector should not be able to Play a mp4. H264 File of 512 kbps it is to Low of a Video Bit Rate.

This is why I Opened it in MediaInfo to See if My 512 kbps is Really 512,000 bps.

But none of the mp4. Files Open with a lot of Data in MediaInfo.
    Post a screen shot of the mediainfo display here to the forum
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    512,000kbps is 512Mbps, which is ridiculously high. 512 kbps is ridiculously low. Too much and too little.
    Step back...

You should NOT be converting your DVDs to mkv, nor your MKVs to Mp4. This incurs LOSS, twice. Instead, you should be remultiplexing (merely changing container). But if you do that, you would have:

1. Dvd with VOB with mpeg2 video and ac3/mp2/dts/lpcm audio enclosed. Then,
    2. Mkv with mpeg2 video and ac3/mp2/dts/lpcm audio enclosed. Then,
    3. Mp4 with mpeg2 video and ac3/mp2/dts/lpcm audio enclosed. (some of these audio formats may not be supported in mp4)

Then that would mean you would need to make sure your projector supports mp4 with mpeg2, etc. inside.

However, if you cannot or will not go that direction, and want instead to convert and then convert again (or remux and then convert), you should post not only the mediainfo readouts that was suggested, but also post a link to your projector's manual where it says what is supported and what is not.

I would also recommend you don't use that converter app - there are much better ones out there.

IIRC, this all comes back to relying on the meager playback capabilities of a no-name brand low quality projector. Another example of "you get what you pay for". But I would be very surprised to find this projector didn't support HDMI in, and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get a Raspberry Pi with HDMI out as a versatile dedicated media player, using Kodi or similar.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks for the help.

Just one think?

If I take a DVD and use MakeMKV just to grab the Movie and put it on My Hard Drive My VLC Media Player can Play it.

I Thought I could put a lot of My DVDs on a Hard Drive and because I use MakeMKV it is not Re Compressing them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Correct. MakeMkv merely rips & decrypts from disc, then remultiplexes the existing contents that was inside the VOBs to now be inside the MKVs, that it saves on your storage medium.

Scott
    Quote Quote