VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works v6 and 2 .mp4 files.

They are 2 episodes of a series.

The 1st one ended a few minutes before the actual end of the episode (recording was just a 18 minutes too short)
    However, the 2nd one, i.e. the next episode, starts a few minutes earlier...

Meaning that where the 1st one was cut off and is missing a part, that missing part is on the 2nd one.

There is an overlap though: the end of the 1st is the same as the start of the 2nd video, roughly a minute or so.

I am not sure how to deal with this.

Probably there are 2 options:
    1. combine/merge the 2 videos into 1 - it will result in a .mp4 of 7-8GB, However, I do not know how to do this and how to deal with overlap
    2. likely more complicated: select and save the missing part from video 2 (18 minutes) to a separate file , then add that to the end of video 1

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. LATER

Regretfully I can not delete my post.

The matter is solved.
    Went into 'Timeline'-mode, added the 2nd video, then 'shifted' (dragging) the first part of the 2nd video over the last part of the 1st video and with a lot of luck I managed the 'glue' them together with hardly any visible interruption. A very split second only. The problem is that VMW does not show the frames in this mode, the videos are displayed as a 'block' so it is difficult to find the exact position where these videos are overlapping. I was just lucky. Matter solved.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    NO need to delete your post, it serves as a record, and is helpful to others who experience similar issues.
    Did your effort result in a complete re-encode, or was it a lossless join?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, still high quality x264 1080p - I do not see any loss of quality.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the update
    Quote Quote