VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I would like to use this camera overlay on top of a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzpaGJ8r3Kg

I have tried using the Sony Chroma Keyer effect and adjusting the threshold but it doesn't work, no amount of tweaking can make it look good.

Is it possible to remove the black and just make it look transparent?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Create a white image with a red box where the record light is flashing. Overlay that image onto your main video using the youtube video as an alpha mask. The mask will work best if you convert the alpha mask to greyscale and increase brightness/contrast so the red dot becomes completely white (and the background remains black)
    Last edited by jagabo; 4th May 2022 at 17:49. Reason: added sample made with avisynth
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Create a white image with a red box where the record light is flashing. Overlay that image onto your main video using the youtube video as an alpha mask. The mask will work best if you convert the alpha mask to greyscale and increase brightness/contrast so the red dot becomes completely white (and the background remains black)
    Can you upload the project file? not sure it will work with Vegas 13 tho.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Here's a script that creates an RGB32 clip with an alpha channel, ready to be overlaid onto a video:

Code:
    alpha = LWLibavVideoSource("Security camera CCTV overlay video effect CC0 [LzpaGJ8r3Kg].webm", cache=false, prefer_hw=2).GreyScale().ColorYUV(gain_y=2000, off_y=-190).Blur(1.0)
    white = BlankClip(width=alpha.width, height=alpha.height, color=$ffffff)
    red = BlankClip(width=64, height=64, color=$a00000)
    white = Overlay(white, red, x=1622, y=80)

MergeARGB(alpha, ShowRed(white), ShowGreen(white), ShowBlue(white))
    Trim(0, 249)
    Attached is the 10 second clip it created. I wasn't sure what codecs (with alpha) were acceptable to Vegas so I left it uncompressed (zipped to reduce transfer size). Note the AVI file nearly 2 GB when extracted.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    While jagabo is doing you a big favor giving you an alpha channel version to work with and bypass chromakey, understand, @vegas13, that your question "is it possible to remove the black and just make it look transparent" is strange as that is exactly what Chromakey (or Lumakey in this particular instance) does. If you are not getting the results you were intending, perhaps you are not using it properly.
    Tell us more how you have/had it set up in Vegas...

Scott
    Quote Quote