VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I have done sample encodes with Staxrip and Vidcoder, both using CRF 18 with the slow Preset, but I can see a difference in the two of them.

I will show a couple of screenshots from each encode.

Vidcoder

[Attachment 64603 - Click to enlarge]

Staxrip

[Attachment 64604 - Click to enlarge]

For the sample with VC, I used Vidcoder, and for the sample with SR, I used Staxrip.

I have also provided Mediainfo files
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Noise reduction was applied to the Vidcoder video before it was encoded. Hence the smaller file (ie, lower bitrate).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    Imo vidcoder looks better
    Could you explain how?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Noise reduction was applied to the Vidcoder video before it was encoded. Hence the smaller file (ie, lower bitrate).
    Could you explain how, I have all the filters turned off via the Vidcoder settings.

The filters now include Chroma Smooth and Colour Space, should I enable those filters? I am using the settings I am to try to get as close to source quality, bang for buck as I can.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Another difference is the staxrip encode uses aq-mode 3, and the vidcoder encode aq-mode 2
    Quote Quote  
  6. I use the Hollywood/Broadcast-class encoder: Adobe Media Encoder with Voukoder and Autokroma Influx plugins. (Just get 100% free coupons for AME)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Vidcoder used compressed AAC LC for audio, while staxrip used PCM 1536 kbps (22% of the filesize).
    The video quality differences are very subtle IMO so keep the one you prefer.
    Last edited by Sharc; 3rd May 2022 at 04:47.
    Quote Quote