VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, I frequently chat with a friend on WhatsApp who is in another country. I would like to chat on my pc instead of on my phone so I am thinking of getting a wireless webcam with a Mic, this way I won't have to use any handheld device so can relax or go about my business in the room while chatting without having to be close to my phone. Any recommendations for this situation please?
    Last edited by mikehende; 1st May 2022 at 10:07.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Skype is also an option, since it is available on both Phones (Android / iOS) and PCs (Windows)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes thx but my buds all use and prefer WhatsApp. No issues with the WhatsApp, I just need to know like if best to get a wireless webcam which I can move anywhere around the room and also have better audio coverage as with the phone I have to be very close to it when on speakerphone for them to hear me.

So I am checking here to see if anyone might be using one for a similar purpose and can give feedback on the device being used.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Unless it has changed a LOT recently, the user experience of Whatsapp (whether chats or calling) on the PC is a huge disappointment compared to phone, so I wouldn't recommend that. Stick with the phone.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried vía web.whatsapp.com ? I find communications vía browser even better than over phone (both using same wifi)
    Last edited by NoBuddy; 2nd May 2022 at 23:53. Reason: error website
    Quote Quote