VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello dear community,

I have a video, that has a semi-transparent watermark.

I have installed AviSynth+.

I'll played a little bit with InpaintDelogo, but with no luck.

Can anyone please help me and post me a script, that can complety remove / deblend this watermark?
    Last edited by gestalt21; 21st May 2022 at 19:03.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks for this link. I have also tryed this, but I have no luck, to remove to logo completely / correctly.
    I tryed to deblend. But a lot of gray is ben left on my try's. Can you post the correct parameters for my logo?
    Quote Quote  
  3. The video i can't upload public of some reasons...

I tryed these scripts (The "Loc" is another, because in screenshot it's only a part from the video, I cutted some of left part of the screenshot):

1. With InpaintDelogo:

Import("InpaintDelogo.avs")
    LSMASHVideoSource("C:\Users\admin\Desktop\video_wa termark_remove\input.mp4")
    InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\Users\admin\Desktop\video_w atermark_remove\mask_1.bmp", Loc="44,372,-36,-18", Analyze=-4, Mode="Deblend")

2. With this way:

logo = ImageSource("C:\Users\admin\Desktop\video_watermar k_remove\mask_new.png").ConvertToYV12()
    src = LSMASHVideoSource("C:\Users\admin\Desktop\video_wa termark_remove\input.mp4").ConvertToYV12()

logo=logo.ColorYUV(gain_y=-19, off_y=-19) # adjust logo levels

Overlay(src, logo, mode="subtract") # subtract logo from image, leaves bright areas too dark
    bmask=src.ColorYUV(gain_y=950, off_y=-440).GreyScale() # mask based on brightness
    Overlay(last, src, mask=bmask) # blend original with delogo'd video
    Last edited by gestalt21; 28th Apr 2022 at 17:39.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Can anyone please help me to completely remove the watermark? I can pay $$.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gestalt21 View Post
    Can anyone please help me to completely remove the watermark? I can pay $$.
    try doing a search - https://www.videohelp.com/search?q=remove+watermark+from+video
    Quote Quote  
  6. I alredy spend a lot of days and readed any thread here... nothing can remove the logo with good results...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thanks for this link. I have also tryed this, but I have no luck, to remove to logo
    You need to understand what is written there.

The video i can't upload public of some reasons...

LSMASHVideoSource("C:\Users\admin\Desktop\video_wa termark_remove\input.mp4")
    InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\Users\admin\Desktop\video_w atermark_remove\mask_1.bmp", Loc="44,372,-36,-18", Analyze=-4, Mode="Deblend")
    Without the video you are on your own.
    Drop 10 pxs on Loc coords.
    Analyze=-4 is not good for a deblend mask creation.

Analyze=1 would give best results, but probably it will be too hard for you to utilize it.
    Try Analyze=-3, a bit worse results, but easier.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks... I try to give my best...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Granted, without knowing ins and outs it is next to impossible how to use this tool. Is there a good tutorial for greenhorns? Like:
    • what are the types of image removal
    • when a particular type should be used
    • how mask is generated, where it is stored, and how to [re]use the stored mask
    • how to define a mask manually
    • what's up with the coordinates (ok, it seems that right and bottom are offsets from the right edge, and hence they are negative, but how one would know this?)
    • what if the logo consists of two parts: solid and half-transparent - do I need two masks? Do I need two passes?
    • which parameters can be combined with which?
    These are just some of the questions. If there is no a clear and concise tutorial, I would not mind writing one myself, but to do this I need to understand how this works
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by VoodooFX View Post
    Everything is in the manual.
    By the manual do you mean the source code for your script?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You shouldn't be removing other people's watermarks; did you shoot the video? do you own the copyright? No? don't do it.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by ConsumerDV View Post
    Originally Posted by VoodooFX View Post
    Everything is in the manual.
    By the manual do you mean the source code for your script?
    No, he means the AVSI itself. Open one up and see.

Originally Posted by sum_guy View Post
    You shouldn't be removing other people's watermarks; did you shoot the video? do you own the copyright? No? don't do it.
    Well, I remove logos and watermarks all the time and I didn't create them. However, the videos are in the public domain and deface otherwise perfectly good movies. So, I think your suggestion needs some clarification and context.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ConsumerDV View Post
    Is there a good tutorial for greenhorns?
    There is something in Doom9's thread, but I wouldn't say that it's "good tutorial for greenhorns", best is to read the manual/help and try to connect the dots, it's at the top of avsi.
    Then ask what you don't understand in forums, understanding comes with practice, try to remove few logos.

If there is no a clear and concise tutorial, I would not mind writing one myself, but to do this I need to understand how this works
    Be my guest and do it. I can't write a tutorial for "greenhorns" myself, because I don't know what "greenhorns" don't understand, memories of my green times 20 years ago are murky.

• what are the types of image removal
    • when a particular type should be used
    • how mask is generated, where it is stored, and how to [re]use the stored mask
    • how to define a mask manually
    • what's up with the coordinates (ok, it seems that right and bottom are offsets from the right edge, and hence they are negative, but how one would know this?)
    • what if the logo consists of two parts: solid and half-transparent - do I need two masks? Do I need two passes?
    • which parameters can be combined with which?
    Most of those questions are answered in the manual, so here are superficial answers:

1) a) Deblending. b) Inpainting. c) Mix of both. d) Taking undamaged part from similar video.
    2) a) Transparent. b) Opaque, Hardly-transparent. c) Transparent-Opaque, Transparent-Hardly-transparent. d) All of mentioned.
    3) Read about "mask", and doom9 thread, practice.
    4) Base mask by "mask" parameter, deblending masks are picked automatically.
    5) Read about "Loc". Read about Avisynth's "Crop" [both coord systems are supported].
    6) Read about "oTune". No, but sometimes two passes can be useful.
    7) Read the manual, there are sections, mentioned sub-parameters ect..., and there is connections scheme [not maintained from v1.20], practice.
    That's probably hardest to get, there are ~80 parameters.

EDIT:
    I remembered my first thought when I looked at Avisynth first time: "WTF is this?".
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    public domain and deface otherwise perfectly good
    We don't know where the opp obtained his movie, probably the piratebay or some such site. I seriously doubt what you're downloading is public domain just because it's online somewhere.
    This is all pointless anyway, he's not getting rid of that logo even if he pays.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  15. Looking at that sample. The color is there under that print. So you just need perfect mask and then add something to Y channel, smooth it out?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by sum_guy View Post
    I seriously doubt what you're downloading is public domain just because it's online somewhere.
    I seriously doubt you know what you're talking (writing) about.

I can't speak for the OP, but you made a blanket statement that isn't true in all cases and certainly not in my cases, which include quite a few YouTube videos.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    The color is there under that print. So you just need perfect mask and then add something to Y channel, smooth it out?
    Sounds like CSI science.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Can anyone tell me what's AVSI?
    Quote Quote  
  19. users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote