VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In late 2016, I bought an LG BE16NU50. The drive lasted until early 2020. So since then, I bought an LG WH16NS40, LG WH16NS60, and Pioneer BDR-212UBK. Being that I have a laptop, I disassembled the LG BE16NU50 and took its USB/SATA III converter so I could swap between the three new drives depending on what kind of disc I was burning to or ripping from. The converter finally wore out. Being that I can't find a kit with an enclosure large enough for my Pioneer nor a converter without an enclosure, I plan on buying either an ASUS BW-16D1X-U or Pioneer BDR-X12UBK, taking the converter from it, and swapping between my three SATA III drives on demand according to what kind of disc I'll be burning to or ripping from. Are these drives easy to disassemble and remove the converter from like the LG BE16NU50 was, is one easier to disassemble than the other, or are these drives ceiled shut in ways a screwdriver wouldn't allow me to do that?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I decided to just get three Vantec NST-540S3-BK enclosures. They're expensive, but I won't have to swap the drives. Also, they have data transfer and power supply current ratings higher than what my drives are rated at to insure maximum potential.
    Quote Quote