VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello Everyone. I have an MKV video with an atmos audio track. When playing the video via USB through my Sony 4k bd player, I only get 7.1 on a 10 channel AVR. I get 10 channel Atmos through the disk and with a M2TS extension via USB. I tried tsmuxing, it doesn't support the audio. Now, before I get myself a new player, can someone help out with a fix
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure any BD player will support your modus operandi; certainly stand alone media players like the Zidoo, Zapitti or Shield will via their USB inputs. Most BD players are locked down via copyright and license agreements.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Loup View Post
    Hello Everyone. I have an MKV video with an atmos audio track. When playing the video via USB through my Sony 4k bd player, I only get 7.1 on a 10 channel AVR. I get 10 channel Atmos through the disk and with a M2TS extension via USB. I tried tsmuxing, it doesn't support the audio. Now, before I get myself a new player, can someone help out with a fix
    If a Blu-ray disc player or UHD Blu-ray disc player includes support for Dolby Atmos then it makes sense that Dolby Atmos also works when it's in M2TS files because M2TS files are always present on authored Blu-ray discs and authored UHD Blu-ray discs.

However, even though the MKV spec supports Dolby Atmos audio, there is no requirement that a Blu-ray player has to support it for MKV files. Dolby Atmos might not be supported for MKV files because of licensing restrictions, or simply because the manufacturer has decided it is only feasible to support a subset of the combinations of the types of video, and audio allowed for MKV.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Loup View Post
    Hello Everyone. I have an MKV video with an atmos audio track. When playing the video via USB through my Sony 4k bd player, I only get 7.1 on a 10 channel AVR. I get 10 channel Atmos through the disk and with a M2TS extension via USB. I tried tsmuxing, it doesn't support the audio. Now, before I get myself a new player, can someone help out with a fix
    see this thread - https://www.avforums.com/threads/playing-dolby-atmos-via-usb.2366851/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks All for the quick reply. Can anyone recommend a MKV to blu ray creator? Free or paid. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You could also try to remux only your mkv to m2ts with clever Ffmpeg-GUI.
    Quote Quote