VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi, sorry for my bad English again,
    I tried to convert WMV to H.265 / HEVC mp4 using FFmpeg,
    but the result: the video is green screen, audio normal
    FFmpeg log :

Code:
    Queue input is backward in time.00 bitrate=   0.0kbits/s dup=1 drop=0 speed= 4.1x
    [mp4 @ 0000024c940ae140] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:1; previous: 494586, current: 494582; changing to 494587. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.
    note: the Non-monotonous DTS texts keep appearing

any way to fix this?

thank you, have a nice day
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    ASF (WMV) is a sucky format and ffmpeg sucks at dealing with ASF files :–/
    Unless you're using Linux or Mac OS, you might start by opening the sucky file with VirtualDub2.
    If the file is not (very) broken, VirtualDub2 will display all the frames normally.
    Then you can select the H.265 encoder and the MP4 output format.

H.T.H.
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kucing View Post
    hi, sorry for my bad English again,
    I tried to convert WMV to H.265 / HEVC mp4 using FFmpeg,
    but the result: the video is green screen, audio normal
    FFmpeg log :

Code:
    Queue input is backward in time.00 bitrate=   0.0kbits/s dup=1 drop=0 speed= 4.1x
    [mp4 @ 0000024c940ae140] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:1; previous: 494586, current: 494582; changing to 494587. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.
    note: the Non-monotonous DTS texts keep appearing

any way to fix this?

thank you, have a nice day
    see here - https://superuser.com/questions/73529/how-to-convert-wmv-to-mp4
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can use clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    Load your wmv, click main, click convert video stream, click keep size, select the hevc encoder (see pic 1) and click convert.
    [Attachment 64325 - Click to enlarge]

If done, click convert audio stream, click go to the encoder, select the aac encoder (see pic 2) and click convert.
    [Attachment 64326 - Click to enlarge]

(The audio stream needs to be converted because the mp4 container does not accept wma audio).
    If done, click multiplex, the new generated streams are shown in green, select them and deselect the other streams (see pic 3), select the mp4 container and click multiplex.
    [Attachment 64327 - Click to enlarge]

Done.
    Quote Quote  
  5. @El Heggunte, i using this program years ago, still don't know what this software actually do
    @october262, I can convert WMV to mp4, my problem is video result is green
    @ProWo, my WMV is 9.9gb / 4hours, using "hevc_nvenc" alone almost take 1 hour,
    I like the program, but without GPU support , it may takes 6hours+ using CPU alone

anyway, thank you for all replies
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @El Heggunte, i using this program years ago, still don't know what this software actually do
    @october262, I can convert WMV to mp4, my problem is video result is green
    I like the program, but without GPU support , it may takes 6hours+ using CPU alone

anyway, thank you for all replies
    what are you using to playback the file ?? try disabling Hardware-accelerated decoding - https://askubuntu.com/questions/233510/how-to-fix-video-playback-showing-green-screen-...ith-just-audio
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @october262 media player classic
    have you tried the latest K-Lite Mega codec pack ?? - https://superuser.com/questions/741569/green-screen-when-playing-video-in-media-player-classic
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by kucing View Post
    Depends from the resolution. G.e. a recoding of a h264 1280x720 12gb to h264 same resolution, but other encoding settings, cpu only is done with 9x speed.
    With lower resolution (i think your wmv is much lower) the speed should increase up to 30x.
    Quote Quote  
  9. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    It would be interesting if the OP posted a MediaInfo report about the pesky WMV file.
    IF possible, a sample segment would be even better.
    As I tried to say, borked WMVs are very common (sadly) and often require workarounds and the use of several tools to be reencoded properly. :–|
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  10. @october262 I just update the codex some minute ago,
    @ProWo the size is 1920 * 1080, duration is 3h57m
    @El Heggunte I don't think I can provide the source, it's a "loving" movie

i think I should close this thread, maybe the problem is my video, not the FFmpeg,
    anyway, how to close the Thread?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried Avidemux?
    Quote Quote