VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My Panasonic AG-1970 is working fine but suddenly the clock is flashing 12:00. I pressed CLOCK and Pressed the Tracking + and Tracking - which is supposed to set the clock but it just keeps blinking 12:00.

When I turn it off it also just blinks 12:00.

I have also noticed too that now if I press the power button sometimes it turns on and other times it does nothing. I can turn it on 100% of the time with the remote so its not a big problem but just curious why sometimes the power button the unit works and other times it does nothing.

The unit plays fine but the flashing 12:00 and inability to set the time is maddening. Is there and internal batter that saves the time that perhaps I can replace.

Thanks All
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is it 28 years old?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Is it 28 years old?
    Yes, I use it to remaster dance music from the 1970s from famous venues like Studio 54, Paradise Garage and many others from that period.
    That is the format that the media was recored on. Yes its probably very old.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Failing components i'd say, capacitors or else. You may want to reach a pro that can do a recap.
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Since the whole point of the clock is for scheduling channel recording, and since such analog channels are long since defunct, making the feature unusable, you could just disconnect the clock and be done with it.

Scott
    Quote Quote