VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anonymous543
    hii, i need help to make my own simple lossless video audio encoder/decoder
    which just do simple task like..
    take same resolution image/frame sequence and audio track as source and wrap them in wrapper mp4 or any other wrapper without lossing quality
    i have learned C programming language in school ,so i have basic understanding of C language how to compile c programs and run it

which just do simple task like..
    take same resolution image/frame sequence and audio track as source and wrap them in wrapper mp4 or any other wrapper without lossing quality
    i just need code which can do this task.
    Last edited by Anonymous543; 13th Apr 2022 at 08:03.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I hate to burst your bubble, but I'm going to. You think this is simple - it is not.

It sounds like you want someone to give you the code. Other than freely available open source (which you should already be able to get), this is something you either are going to have to code yourself or hire someone to do for you.

My suggestion is first start simply with not doing an encoder or decoder (they are 2 complementary things) but doing a muxer and demuxer. Use directshow API hooks or similar. Once you have that down (which in itself is not easy either), then you can graduate to encoding/decoding. That is more difficult, because you will need to fully understand not just the coding, but how to deal with interlacing, color subsampling, non-square ARs, RGB vs. YUV conversion, etc.

Good luck. You will need it.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Anonymous543
    i have a simple logic to make things works for video only
    folder of image sequence
    and a program which plays that image sequence in desire fps

but for audio i have no idea

and to pack files(image sequence and audio) in container ,we can make .bin file i guess

so that program will read that bin file and display data from it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Anonymous543
    i was looking for a c program online which displays image which in current directory but didnot found anything helpful
    is it posible to display image with c program??
    i think it requires something ,Qt is a widget toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces ,idk much about it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kirito View Post
    i was looking for a c program online which displays image which in current directory but didnot found anything helpful
    is it posible to display image with c program??
    i think it requires something ,Qt is a widget toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces ,idk much about it.
    What do you mean by that, exactly
    Displaying images inside a window or a "form" can be easily done with AutoIt, or even with the newbie-friendly Visual Basic...
    But using a REAL programming language probably requires direct calls to the specific API(s) of the operating system(s) involved — I guess.

And no, you don't need Qt at all for anything... If you ever need cross-platform portability, you'd better be using Java.
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  6. Anonymous543
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    What do you mean by that, exactly
    Displaying images inside a window or a "form" can be easily done with AutoIt, or even with the newbie-friendly Visual Basic...
    But using a REAL programming language probably requires direct calls to the specific API(s) of the operating system(s) involved — I guess.

And no, you don't need Qt at all for anything... If you ever need cross-platform portability, you'd better be using Java.

i dont know much about AutoIt and java
    i know about C language
    thats why i wanna write a program in C language which display animation of images present in current directory

back in 90's nintendo(nes), gameboy(.gba)games were also written in c language i guess
    so i just wanna write basic program which animates image sequence
    there was also one more thing 8 bit games and 16 bit games
    am not sure but, this 8 bit and 16 bit specifies about graphics or pixel i guess
    Quote Quote  
  7. Anonymous543
    uhmm forgot about C language

i just want simplest program code that plays image sequence in 24fps or any desire fps
    any language will be ok
    Quote Quote  
  8. But Qt is cross platform, it is widely used for GUI's. I use it as pyqt because using python module, but apps use it as straight as C.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Anonymous543
    Any language will ok but
    It's program should be simple
    please share source code

windows commandline bat script will also ok..
    which can run images in current directory fast in vlc player
    Quote Quote  
  10. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    As Scott (Cornucopia) already said, it's not simple, and functional open-source code already exists.

i just want simplest program code that plays image sequence in 24fps or any desire fps
    any language will be ok
    Assuming you mean what you said,
    you might start by studying Avisynth's and/or Vapousynth's source-codes.
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  11. Anonymous543
    Can you give links of source codes?
    Quote Quote