VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

Would any VH member know how to remove the music etc and just leave the vocal from a YT video? What i have is an Mp3 rip from a YT video and it has that dreadful background music/effects playing while the person is talking which i'd like to remove.. Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. try a filter :

ffmpeg.exe -i song.mp3 -c:a pcm_s16le -af "bandreject=f=900:width_type=h:w=600" out.mp3 -y
    This command attenuates everything between 900 - 600 = 300 Hz and 900 + 600 = 1500 Hz.

if you want more attenuation you can chain the filter as many times as you want:

ffmpeg.exe -i song.mp3 -c:a pcm_s16le -af "bandreject=f=900:width_type=h:w=600, bandreject=f=900:width_type=h:w=600" out.mp3 -y
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank jack_666 for reply.......on the off chance, is there a software to do this? Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank jack_666 for reply.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Reality check: this is not IMPOSSIBLE to do, but is very, very difficult, even for pros. Don't expect more than mediocre results.
    *Exceptions: music vs. dialog vs. FX separated by channel or stream, or mixed in a way to separate out via matrixed channel subtraction.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 18th Apr 2022 at 13:52.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Upload here either the mp3 or the YouTube link,
    Let somebody take a look at it
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Reality check: this is not IMPOSSIBLE to do, but is very, very difficult, even for pros. Don't expect more than mediocre results.
    *Exceptions: music vs. dialog vs. FX separated by channel or stream, or mixed in a way to separate out via matrixed channel subtraction.
    He's right. mplayer had a karaoke filter that would remove the vocal but it did so by cancelling out the centre channel. This is the opposite of what the OP wants.
    Quote Quote