VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, it seems to work, build is still running since almost 1h.
    Now, i have a question.
    In your setup_cross_compilation_env.sh you commented update_mingw_cross_env.
    If i create my "own" mxe, from mosu version, in wich i include your modifications, put it on github, and in update_mingw_cross_env i link to it instead of mosu version, will it work in that case if i uncomment update_mingw_cross_env ?
    The idea is to eventualy get mxe update mosu would make, without redoing the whole process of including your changes from a clean mxe clone, as it takes me more than 2h to build the whole toolchain from scratch.

Edit :
    Why did you switch the host name ?
    Usualy i686 is for 32bits and x86_64 for 64bits...

Edit2 :
    Confirmed, it's switched, with Architecture=64 it builds a 32bits version.
    Last edited by jpsdr; 7th Feb 2024 at 15:23.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, that should work. In fact you wouldn't even need to use my modified setup_cross_compilation_env.sh script because you would be updating from a repository with the correct source which wouldn't risk overwriting custom files locally.

The switch is a mistake on my part. Sorry about that.
    PB
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks again for your work and help.

I'm trying small step at a time.

Now, next eventualy step, out of curiosity, is building qtbase-everywhere-src-6.6.1.tar.xz difficult ?
    If not to much (but everything is relative... ), where can i find how to build it (with the W7 patches) ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Download the qtbase archive from official source.

The patches from https://github.com/crystalidea/qt6windows7 are stored in the correct folder structure used in the qtbase-everywhere-src-6.6.1.tar.xz archive.

So the simplest way would probably be to use a good archiver to open the qtbase archive and drag the patch folder(s) to the correct location in the archive and drop, overwriting the current files. The archive will be updated with the replacement files.

Then you can get the checksum for the new archive with this command:
    Code:
    cksum -a sha256 qtbase-everywhere-src-6.6.1.tar.xz
    PB
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I thought you have to build thing. Didn't opened the qtbase-everywhere-src-6.6.1.tar.xz, so i thouht i was a build, didn't realised it was "just" the sources.
    So... if for exemple there is an officiel 6.6.2 release, and qt6Windows7 update to this 6.6.2.
    I just have to :
    - Get official qtbase-everywhere-src-6.6.2.tar.xz
    - Unpack it.
    - copy the qtbase folder of qt6Windows7 in the official release.
    - recreate the qtbase-everywhere-src-6.6.2.tar.xz file.
    - Edit the qt6-qtbase.mk file to change just the version and the checksum, or just the checksum if eventualy mosu allready updated the version.
    And that's all ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You have it correct. That is the core of this simplified method; have mxe build modified qt6. Much better than the method I started with.
    PB
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, if i understand properly, in fact the idea is to "trick" mxe with another qtbase file, making it believed it allready downloaded the file.
    I think this is indeed the best and very simple method, good one, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    You don't fix the latest 82.0.7 version for older windows????
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't post revision builds of the qt5 version but I have shared them via PM requests. The qt6 build in post #177 is currently at revision 82.0.39 and works on older windows.
    PB
    Quote Quote  
  10. New version of VxKex has been released with compatibility for MKVToolNix v82.0.
    https://github.com/vxiiduu/VxKex/releases/tag/Version1.0.0.999
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the update news. I tested the new VxKex on 32-bit Windows 7 and it indeed works with official MKVToolNix.
    PB
    Quote Quote  
  12. @autodidact No problem and btw. I've noticed something related to that small visual issue I've described in post #185.
    This is screenshot from mkvtoolnix-64-bit-82.0-revision-039-g2605d21bb-Qt6_MOD.7z and as you can see here the text got correct colors.
    https://postimg.cc/3djSNLS2
    This is screenshot from mkvtoolnix-64-bit-82.0-revision-049-gd0618d054-Qt6_MOD.7z and here its again with odd color.
    https://postimg.cc/sQhP8cvn
    Just for info. It is not a problem at all for me.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That is interesting. This was an unintentional experiment. Both builds were compiled with the windowsvista style set but version 82.0.39 didn't import the windowsvista style plugin during compilation, whereas 82.0.49 did. So the plugin is overriding or is incompatible with the color palette that Mosu has set for the interface and it presents in the theme style (or lack) you use for Windows. Without the plugin the windowsvista style doesn't look correct with the aero theme.

It seems you would benefit from having the windowsvista style set but not have the plugin imported.
    PB
    Quote Quote  
  14. I see and interesting. Maybe you should report it as bug here https://github.com/crystalidea/qt6windows7 if that's still the version, you are using.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is release version 83.0.
    Image Attached Files
    PB
    Quote Quote  
  16. Thanks for the 83 update autodidact, it's much appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As always a big thank you @autodidact
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Works nicely as always...

A big Thank You to autodidact.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @autodidact
    Hello.
    Tried to update to 6.6.2 as qt6windows7 also updated to 6.6.2.
    I have an mxe build error saying it can't find VersionHelpers.h in src/corelib/io/qstandardpaths_win.cpp.
    Did you remove the line with the include ?
    It seems VersionHelpers.h is something specific to Visual Studio, so i think it will be difficult to keep it under linux.

Edit :
    Removing the line just got an error later in the same file with an undefined function (well...expected in a way).
    Last edited by jpsdr; 12th Mar 2024 at 14:06.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi jpsdr.

The patches are somewhat Windows-centric but the header they added does exist in mingw. They referenced the file with upper and lower case which wouldn't matter on Windows but with a case sensitive filesystem on Linux the all lower case file can't be found. So either all references to that header in the patches has to be changed to all lower case or you have to make a copy of that file in mingw with the name matching the reference.

Another patch that caused problems this time that you may encounter is src/plugins/platforms/windows/qwin10helpers.cpp. I used the patch from 6.6.1 in that case.
    PB
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, thanks.

Edit:
    No build issue it seems, but an error on qt6-qt5compat version 6.6.2 download because crc sha didn't match. The sha in the file is probably the one of 6.6.1.

Do i have also to update the SHA of all packages in mxe/src/qt/qt6/*.mk files ?
    Last edited by jpsdr; 12th Mar 2024 at 16:36.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think mosu has updated his repo to 6.6.2 yet so you have only updated qt6-qtbase if that is the repo you are using. The main mxe repo has moved to 6.6.2 so you can either use that or bring in their .mk files for the other qt6 packages which will be 6.6.2 based and have the correct SHA.
    PB
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, now i know what i'll have to do next time...
    I just took a look, and it seems that there is an update of QT5 & QT6, so i'll get their mk file for both and update my custom mxe.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    QT5 update went fine, but still struggling with QT6, now error in configure, it was midnight when build finished, didn't get the will to read what it was... As it takes 3h for MXE to build, for QT6 it's realy begining to p**** me off, so i'll fully revert to 6.6.1 (wich worked), and wait Mosu to update his MXE to 6.6.2 (if he does).
    @autodidact
    If you've time, can you check my commits here to confirm that i've forgot nothing to commit ? If you think "yes", i'll merge all the commits in one.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jpsdr View Post
    @autodidact
    If you've time, can you check my commits here to confirm that i've forgot nothing to commit ? If you think "yes", i'll merge all the commits in one.
    Yes, it looks like you have made all of the necessary corrections to the patches.
    PB
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, thanks.
    Quote Quote