VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Your DVD recorder does not accept MPEG-2 off DV connector. It only accepts DVC-SD, that is, regular DV, not HDV or MPEG-2 SD or something else. It clearly says, "Digital VHS video recorders are not compatible". Case closed.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	philips-dv.png
Views:	16
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	64311  

Last edited by ConsumerDV; 15th Apr 2022 at 01:16.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Caius View Post
    Have you tried recording onto D-VHS off your DV camcorder?
    How do i do this??? I still haven't connected the camcorder to the D-vhs for fear of damaging it (fear of damaging the camcorder)
    How would you damage it? (Well, unless you fry the 4-pin DV connector that does not have ground wire. I suggest connecting the camcorder when it is turned off). Your camcorder outputs regular DV. Your D-VHS is supposed to accept DV. By recording off the camcorder you will verify that the port works.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ConsumerDV View Post
    Originally Posted by Caius View Post
    How do i do this??? I still haven't connected the camcorder to the D-vhs for fear of damaging it (fear of damaging the camcorder)
    How would you damage it? (Well, unless you fry the 4-pin DV connector that does not have ground wire. I suggest connecting the camcorder when it is turned off). Your camcorder outputs regular DV. Your D-VHS is supposed to accept DV. By recording off the camcorder you will verify that the port works.
    Yes... But here's the thing, I connected the d-vhs directly to the computer's capture card via firewire and it seems that the capture card has stopped working (that firewire input). It only connected once, that's when I made ''the big mistake'' of not turning off anything and plugging in the other d-vhs. That's when the error appeared and never disappeared.

What would be the chance of burning out (fry or damage) the camcorder's DV output? That's my fear, but only then I would know who is in damaged, the computer's capture card or the DV - Ilink output of the D-Vhs. Right?
    Last edited by Caius; 15th Apr 2022 at 01:40.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    Yes... But here's the thing, I connected the d-vhs directly to the computer's capture card via firewire and it seems that the capture card has stopped working (that firewire input). It only connected once, that's when I made ''the big mistake'' of not turning off anything and plugging in the other d-vhs. That's when the error appeared and never disappeared.

What would be the chance of burning out (damage) the camcorder's DV output? That's my fear, but only then I woul know who is in damaged, the computer's capture card or the DV, i-link output of the D-Vhs. Right?

After connecting and installing everything right once, I went to connect the other D-Vhs with the computer still on and got this exclamation mark in the driver and I couldn't solve it yet.

[Attachment 64313 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    Your DVD recorder does not accept MPEG-2 off DV connector. It only accepts DVC-SD, that is, regular DV, not HDV or MPEG-2 SD or something else. It clearly says, "Digital VHS video recorders are not compatible". Case closed.
    Yes. Now i understand!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search PM
    OK. In this fight to know how to solve this problem with DV, I-link, Firewire, output, input etc, I have moments of joy and sadness and vice versa.

But now with your guys help and my poor understanding of English, I saw that the D-Vhs output might be fine or not again, so that's make happy again because I still don't know if it's faulty. So i see that the D-Vhs DV output really can't connect with the DVD recorder because its only DV in not DV out.

So, i started from zero again and i will continue hunting the answers: ''Why it does not connect to the computer anymore and the I-Link output of this D-Vhs is working or not!?''
    Quote Quote  
  7. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    No, Canon does it too. HV20 - HV40. HDV>Firewire>Computer.
    No $hit? If Canon made DV camcorders that means they own part of Sony's original designs.

HDV is MPEG-2. Sony and Canon used 1080, JVC used 720, I have no idea what Sharp used.
    You're not paying attention to what I said:

D-VHS HD is MPEG-2/TS 1920x1080 or 1280x720 @ 28.2 Mbit/s (HS speed), 19.2 Mbit/s (OTA recording). D-VHS SD is 720x480 (720x576) @ 14.1 Mbit/s to 2.8 Mbit/s (STD, LS3, LS5).
    HDV is MPEG-2/H.262 Part 2, 1440x1080 or 1280x720 @ 25 Mbit/s. DV is AVI 720x480 (720x576) @ 25 Mbit/s.

See the contrast?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    After connecting and installing everything right once, I went to connect the other D-Vhs with the computer still on and got this exclamation mark in the driver and I couldn't solve it yet.
    And how many times in your previous threads I've told you that's not what you need to worry about, Tuner will never be recognized unless you have a DVR software and driver installed in your system. What you need to see is the tape player part which is recognized by your computer according to your previous posts. If you have followed the instructions you would have solved this long time ago.

Your DVD recorder does not accept MPEG-2 off DV connector. It only accepts DVC-SD, that is, regular DV, not HDV or MPEG-2 SD or something else. It clearly says, "Digital VHS video recorders are not compatible". Case closed.
    Yes. Now i understand!
    Oh so you understand with pictures only, You couldn't understand this in post #22.

I suggest you go back to post #11 in this thread and follow through, Creating more threads will just confuse you and the members.
    Last edited by dellsam34; 15th Apr 2022 at 05:22.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    And how many times in your previous threads I've told you that's not what you need to worry about, Tuner will never be recognized unless you have a DVR software and driver installed in your system. What you need to see is the tape player part which is recognized by your computer according to your previous posts. If you have followed the instructions you would have solved this long time ago.

Yes. Now i understand!
    Oh so you understand with pictures only, You couldn't understand this in post #22.

I suggest you go back to post #11 in this thread and follow through, Creating more threads will just confuse you and the members.

Man, i did all this step by step as you said and DOES NOT WORK. The JVC-HM-DH3000U AV/ C Turner doesnt install anymore. It installed correctly only once, that's when I tried connecting the other d-vhs with the computer still on and this error appeared.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    You are still not understanding, read post #38 again and tell me what did you miss.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search PM
    You are still not understanding, read post #38 again and tell me what did you miss.

Try to tell me that in english easy way, remember, the google translate that for me, and sometimes google don't translate it well. Say me, and i will do. Step by Step please
    Quote Quote  
  12. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    What language do you speak? maybe one of the members here can translate for you.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Caius, I think we established that your DVD recorder cannot record off your D-VHS VCR. So, what do you want to do now? Do you want to connect it to a computer to download videos from the VCR to the computer, or upload videos from the computer to the VCR?

The user manual for your D-VHS VCR only mentions computer in the context of controlling the VCR through JLIP connector. It does not mention the possibility of transferring video to/from a computer. So, even if you find the correct device driver, the most you will be able to do is to control some editing operations. I agree, it would be nice if you could record to/from a computer. I cannot help here, today I tried to connect a JVC DV camcorder to my Windows computer, and failed.

I could not find a version of the user manual in Portuguese.
    Last edited by ConsumerDV; 16th Apr 2022 at 01:31.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    I'm not able to follow wtf is going on here since Caius spread everything across multiple threads since December.

Is he even using the correct version of Windows to attempt this? As I understand it, the necessary drivers for D-VHS can only be installed on 32-bit versions of Windows. So Windows 7 (x86) does work, but not Win7 x64.
    My YouTube channel with little clips: vhs-decode, comparing TBC, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I have mine working on a Win 7 64bit, Though recording back to the deck is only possible on Win XP 64/32 using DVHSTool app. His issue is lack of understanding English, so using google translate is not a perfect way for communicating and troubleshooting technical stuff like this.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Try to tell me that in english easy way, remember, the google translate that for me, and sometimes google don't translate it well. Say me, and i will do. Step by Step please
    Okay let's see if we can make google translate better:

WHAT VIDEO CASSETTE YOU PLAY IN D-VHS MACHINE ?
    IS IT VHS?
    IS IT D-VHS?
    INSERT PICTURE OF CASSETTE HERE

See you in the next step.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search PM
    What language do you speak? maybe one of the members here can translate for you.
    Portuguese!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Banned
    Search PM
    Caius, I think we established that your DVD recorder cannot record off your D-VHS VCR. So, what do you want to do now? Do you want to connect it to a computer to download videos from the VCR to the computer, or upload videos from the computer to the VCR?

The user manual for your D-VHS VCR only mentions computer in the context of controlling the VCR through JLIP connector. It does not mention the possibility of transferring video to/from a computer. So, even if you find the correct device driver, the most you will be able to do is to control some editing operations. I agree, it would be nice if you could record to/from a computer. I cannot help here, today I tried to connect a JVC DV camcorder to my Windows computer, and failed.

I could not find a version of the user manual in Portuguese.

My main question is: Why doesn't the d-vhs connect to the computer anymore! Yes, it connected before, but I still didn't know about CapDVHS.exe yet.

It stopped connecting when I switched devices and plugged in the cables with the equipment all turned on. I think I chipped the input or output of one of them.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I'm not able to follow wtf is going on here since Caius spread everything across multiple threads since December.

Is he even using the correct version of Windows to attempt this? As I understand it, the necessary drivers for D-VHS can only be installed on 32-bit versions of Windows. So Windows 7 (x86) does work, but not Win7 x64.
    Yes, its win 7 32-bit
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search PM
    Okay let's see if we can make google translate better:

WHAT VIDEO CASSETTE YOU PLAY IN D-VHS MACHINE ?
    IS IT VHS?
    IS IT D-VHS?
    INSERT PICTURE OF CASSETTE HERE

See you in the next step.

I have Vhs and Super-Vhs tapes, i don't have a d-vhs tape, but Vhs or Super-vhs none of them works to show in the CapDVHS.exe, i guess because the driver error.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-_tJKiCJzE Here's the brazilien guy do whats i wanna do.

He advised me to unplug the capture card from the computer, take it out, turn the computer back on without it. Then turn off the computer and turn it on again with the capture card again, and connect the firewire cable again. To see if it solves the problem. I haven't done it yet.
    Last edited by Caius; 16th Apr 2022 at 16:31.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Banned
    Search PM
    On the d-vhs it says: ''I-Link Out / In'' and on the DVD recorder it has this I-link. What it means?
    [Attachment 64350 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by Caius; 16th Apr 2022 at 16:33.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by Caius View Post
    On the d-vhs it says: I-Link out / in and on the DVD recorder it has this I-link. What it means?
    i.Link / Firewire / DV connection / IEEE-1394 is the digital interface used for digital video in the late 1990s - early 2000s. We have established that your DVD recorder would not record from your D-VHS VCR.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Banned
    Search PM
    On the d-vhs it says: I-Link out / in and on the DVD recorder it has this I-link. What it means?
    i.Link / Firewire / DV connection / IEEE-1394 is the digital interface used for digital video in the late 1990s - early 2000s. We have established that your DVD recorder would not record from your D-VHS VCR.
    Yes, i know but my question was: Why it has this ''i-link'' marked on the dvd-recorder?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Forget iLink and DVD for now you don't need that to solve your problem:

IS THE VHS CASSETTE
    A COMMERCIAL CASSETTE?
    OR HOME MADE CASSETTE?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Caius View Post
    Yes, i know but my question was: Why it has this ''i-link'' marked on the dvd-recorder?
    Probably to advertise the fact that your DVD recorder has it. O i.Link (também conhecido como Firewire, IEEE 1394 ou High Performance Serial Bus/HPSB) é uma interface serial. It is the same as DV connector, but actual data does not have to be DV-video. Have you clicked on the link in my post above?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Banned
    Search PM
    Forget iLink and DVD for now you don't need that to solve your problem:

IS THE VHS CASSETTE
    A COMMERCIAL CASSETTE?
    OR HOME MADE CASSETTE?
    It's all home made cassette. Original tapes from the recording camera.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Banned
    Search PM
    Probably to advertise the fact that your DVD recorder has it. O i.Link (também conhecido como Firewire, IEEE 1394 ou High Performance Serial Bus/HPSB) é uma interface serial. It is the same as DV connector, but actual data does not have to be DV-video. Have you clicked on the link in my post above?
    Didn't see the link, i will.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Banned
    Search PM
    [Attachment 64362 - Click to enlarge]
    It's here i want to connect the D-Vhs, but the driver installation always goes wrong now. Or it was the firewire inputs of this capture card that failed or the I-link output of the D-Vhs. I have the camcorder, but I'm afraid to connect it to any of them and damage the DV output of this camera too.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Delete all drivers for both the card and D-VHS machine and start over.
    Quote Quote