VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A lot of hacks to make region free and such is built on making a number sent on each numberic key and similar.

One For All is often mentioned, but don't find models referred to and reading every user manual is hard.
    Another I found is Nevis that is programable from computer software, but not clear to which degree.

Had a Logitech Harmony 600 long ago, but don't remember if any numeric button could be programmed so any sequence of numbers could be sent to a unit. But shortly buttons started to stick and create problems, so quality not that great. But thought idea was great to use software on pc to configure.

About OneForAll - how much diffference is there between 12xx, 36xx or 7xxx models etc?
    - all can have a sequence of 3-5 digitls on each numeric key?

Seems that very few are that flexible to create a unique sequence to send and built to enter a number of a device basically to have a particular device controlled. I guess a device or brand need to be supported since probably different chips and such.

I am just after send unique unlock sequence for region all at this point and use original remote for unit otherwise.

I'm on region 2, and want to play some region 1 dvds that I have.

Thanks for any suggestions or input on what remotes are most flexible....

I have a Philips DVP 2880 and haul up that one, since good instructions here on videohelp how to set region.
    Last edited by larioso; 19th Apr 2022 at 10:11. Reason: Solved
    Quote Quote