VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ive come to this forum as you guys as Gurus when it comes to things like this! I recently (without knowing) had my android samsung phone synced with google photos. I had a message from google saying storage was low on my gdrive so was surprised to see it has uploaded all my photos there (I didnt ask it to). I deleted them all thinking they'd still be on the camera... they were deleted from that too.
    Ive tried recovery software but it only appears to find whatsapp/facebook etc photos, and nothing from the actual camera on the phone DCIM folders.

Can anyone recommend a good app/software that will recover these please? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tomkat2010 View Post
    Ive come to this forum as you guys as Gurus when it comes to things like this! I recently (without knowing) had my android samsung phone synced with google photos. I had a message from google saying storage was low on my gdrive so was surprised to see it has uploaded all my photos there (I didnt ask it to). I deleted them all thinking they'd still be on the camera... they were deleted from that too.
    Ive tried recovery software but it only appears to find whatsapp/facebook etc photos, and nothing from the actual camera on the phone DCIM folders.

Can anyone recommend a good app/software that will recover these please? Thanks
    have you tried checking the trash folder on your phone ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Photorec https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download

Firstly stop using your phone for anything. Plug it into a computer that can treat it like a USB thumb drive. Download the Photorec zip file and extract everything to a folder on the computer. Run the program qphotorec_win.exe which should bring up the Photorec GUI. Find the phone drive on the list of disk drives, tell it to search free space on the drive and send the files to your computer HDD.

In situations like this nothing is 100% and you are lucky to get anything, as SSDs have a tendency to quickly wipe data due to TRIM.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If your phone is up to date such as android 11 and are using google documents for viewing the photos they wont be deleted,it takes 30 days now for the files to delete,you need to go into your google documents and look in the local files,they should be there unless you went in and deleted them permanently.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the replies but not luck, theres nothing in the phone photos account, and when I run testdisk the phone isnt found (despite it being available on windows).
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    When one buys an Android smartphone, the first thing one must do is disable /uninstall every crapware, including most Google products or services.
    NOBODY needs Google's Play Store nor Samsung's Galaxy Store to begin with, one can always search +find +download +install the .APK files manually.
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    NOBODY needs Google's Play Store nor Samsung's Galaxy Store to begin with, one can always search +find +download +install the .APK files manually.
    What a load of rubbish. Quickest way to catch something if you don't know what you are doing.
    Quote Quote