VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search PM
    I hope the usual trolls won't destroy and use this new topic for off-topic and personal attacks.

Recording: from HDMI out with Camlink 4K HDMI to USB3 converter. The video is captured with lossless UTvideo or lossless version of HEVC on a laptop with fast SSD (WD RED series).

After the 4K video was recorded in the highest possible quality in lossless format, I transform it on my Desktop computer into a high bitrate lossy HEVC file.

I uploaded the 4GB sample file to this permanent link, so everybody can download it. The download from this permanent link is SLOW.

Content: Seemingly foreign looking tourists and many war refugees from Ukraine. Video url:

https://files.fm/down.php?i=ktmy3p5py

Here is the faster temporary link: https://sendgb.com/BMHWsI2SAOg

Another sample in a different district: (Fast download) https://sendgb.com/TF3oi0tOjVy

Its permanent link: https://files.fm/u/xeck73n5h
    Last edited by Truthler; 12th Mar 2022 at 12:35.

2. I hope the usual trolls won't destroy and use this new topic for off-topic and personal attacks.
    You are the one trolling. You post something and get angry when people start correcting you and proving you wrong.

3. Also what's up with these files like not even 4k uhd blurays use that much bandwidth
    Last edited by rrats; 12th Mar 2022 at 10:21.

Search Comp PM
    TBH I fail to see the purpose of the topic.

We know that lossless recrding is possible - that was determined prior. Whether it is appropiate in this scenario - one hand holding a laptop with the other keeping a camcorder steady (which it is not) is debatable.

But the OP will argue that such debate is a personal attack.

But, again, what is the purpose of the topic ? No e.g. shooting tips (unless the method can be construed as such) and nothing alse from the basic topic guidance.

So, as it stands, the topic just stands to get a reaction. Trollish behaviour ? Deffinately in my book.

PS The initial post has had ateast 2 seemingly innocious edits. The initial edit took out the ability to view the video without downloading - I would NEVER d/l 4K video - but I could see the original (which seemingly revealed the uploader but said nowt about the perceived quality)

5. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    TBH I fail to see the purpose of the topic.

We know that lossless recrding is possible - that was determined prior. Whether it is appropiate in this scenario - one hand holding a laptop with the other keeping a camcorder steady (which it is not) is debatable.

But the OP will argue that such debate is a personal attack.

But, again, what is the purpose of the topic ? No e.g. shooting tips (unless the method can be construed as such) and nothing alse from the basic topic guidance.

So, as it stands, the topic just stands to get a reaction. Trollish behaviour ? Deffinately in my book.

PS The initial post has had ateast 2 seemingly innocious edits. The initial edit took out the ability to view the video without downloading - I would NEVER d/l 4K video - but I could see the original (which seemingly revealed the uploader but said nowt about the perceived quality)

HAve you heard about laptop bag what you can wear on your shulders? The only important thing is to rotate the laptop in 90 degree to sticking out from the bag a bit, with its cooler side to get fresh air.

Camcorder must be handled with perfect two-handed GIMBAL, which makes it easy to wear and handle.

Search Comp PM
    Do you really consider that jerky result when you walk benefits from a Gimbal ? Or as you admit it is NOT perfect.

7. Banned
    Search PM
    Do you really consider that jerky result when you walk benefits from a Gimbal ? Or as you admit it is NOT perfect.
    No, it is not jerky, it is my own tuned settings for the gimbal via my mobil phone app. It seems you have never used gimbal. You said that your machine can not play even 1080p video, now you say, that you watched a 4K 10bit HEVC video..... This is the consistency...

Search Comp PM
    No. i watched your original link which allowed for viewing - much like other sharing sites. And I compared your walking vid to other samples linked to elsewhere. Just my opinion.

I do not have a clue what that was defintion was. And I have no issue with 1080p video.

And where is the permanant version of your new vid ? Few will look at the initial post.

9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    and your point is? So you can transfer footage in real time to a laptop but the camcorder has built in storage anyway so why would you want to? The first camcorder I ever used back in the late 1970's had a separate recorder that you had to hang over your shoulder. Or is it because your camcorder can't record lossless and you have to step back in time?

10. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Just post few seconds short clips, no one is interested in downloading 4GB file reducing their monthly data cap, Anyway what is it that you are trying to demonstrate?

11. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Richard_G View Post
    and your point is? So you can transfer footage in real time to a laptop but the camcorder has built in storage anyway so why would you want to? The first camcorder I ever used back in the late 1970's had a separate recorder that you had to hang over your shoulder. Or is it because your camcorder can't record lossless and you have to step back in time?
    Because you can not record video to SD cards with good quality. Neither camcorder can with fast speed. I like to watch back videos with frame-to-frame step, and I examine the quality of individual frames too. So I have high expectations. I use two 16TB HDDS to store the lossless videos on desktop and a 4TB fast WD RED SSD in the laptop for capture.

Maybe, with a high chance I was the very first person who recorded lossless video on laptop in the early 2000s. At least nobody used such things that time according to Google searcher for outdoor street videos yet.
    Last edited by Truthler; 12th Mar 2022 at 12:44.

12. Banned
    Search PM
    What about my second video in the first post? I pasted there the link of the second video.

13. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Just post few seconds short clips, no one is interested in downloading 4GB file reducing their monthly data cap, Anyway what is it that you are trying to demonstrate?
    You can download it within 1-2 min. NExt month I will switch from 2Gbit/s optical to 10Gbit/s optical home net. It will be cheaper than the previous net with a new provider. It's Cool, isn't it?

People who deal with videos must have unlimited internet usage and unlimited speed!

Search Comp PM
    'Dull' question.

But if your 4K camcorder can not record to SD cards (it's claimed record mode) in 4K then what can it do ?

Wild baseless claims (or what lossless codec did you use in the early 2000s) again J** ?

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Truthler View Post
    What about my second video in the first post? I pasted there the link of the second video.
    Who cares ?

And I see another user account J**.

They will suss you out sooner or later for user condition violation.

16. Banned
    Search PM
    'Dull' question.

But if your 4K camcorder can not record to SD cards (it's claimed record mode) in 4K then what can it do ?

Wild baseless claims (or what lossless codec did you use in the early 2000s) again J** ?
    There are no 4K prosumer camcorders on the market which can record good quality video (for fast motion recording like city walk) on SD cards in the market. The best minimum would be 300 Mbit/s in HEVC for 30fps.

Search Comp PM
    ^^ Kinda destroys all your 'praise' of the unit.

Except that the vids I have watched appear better than your crap.

18. Banned
    Search PM
    ^^ Kinda destroys all your 'praise' of the unit.

Except that the vids I have watched appear better than your crap.
    Be consistent. Since we spoke in the other topic your machine became faster and can play not only 1080p but even 4K Hevc 10bit content. Since we spoke in the other topic, you have even 4K display to watch it correctly.

Search Comp PM
    FFS. No I have not changed anything.

Your original link allowed for direct viewing. My display/GPU is 1920*1080 and has been for years and can not handle 4K smoothly. And I can play BD (not UHD) video perfectly

Here is your original 'jerky' link J**. When you walk there must be some movement - and I have watched tons of these since they appear now to be 'in vogue'. But if it is not smooth then.......

https://files.fm/f/ktmy3p5py (and it still works)

20. Banned
    Search PM
    FFS. No I have not changed anything.

Your original link allowed for direct viewing. My display/GPU is 1920*1080 and has been for years and can not handle 4K smoothly. And I can play BD (not UHD) video perfectly

Here is your original 'jerky' link J**. When you walk there must be some movement - and I have watched tons of these since they appear now to be 'in vogue'. But if it is not smooth then.......

https://files.fm/f/ktmy3p5py (and it still works)
    Maybe you need a new faster machine, and without 4K display, we can not discuss anything serious

Search Comp PM
    You can not have it both ways.

First you say I have a 4K system now and when I refute it you say I need one. Pathetic is too long a word.

22. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    You can download it within 1-2 min. NExt month I will switch from 2Gbit/s optical to 10Gbit/s optical home net. It will be cheaper than the previous net with a new provider. It's Cool, isn't it?
    It's not about how long it takes to download or people are dealing with video or not, it is about the purpose. If you need help with something, like I said upload a short clip for examination, other than that people have more important $hit to do than watching home videos of a person they don't know.

23. Banned
    Search PM
    That is quality, an average videoframe of the video.

Picture: https://i.ibb.co/C7Fj3kf/Untitled.png

The building's façade is clearly visible in the picture, with small distant bricks, balcony railings and other small details. Many small pebbles of asphalt on the road are also visible even at a good distance.

That's why I choosed that camcorder, because it is the only prosumer camcorder which can fully press out the 2160p visible quality. Only professional videocameras (over 5 000 $) can have such high line per with in the ISO IMA Test charts.....
    This is it! Simply fantastic details. Not even the usual minimal torsion on the edges due to the high quality ZEISS lens system...

Search Comp PM
    Well your topics are much like our tv. Full of repeats.

And there is one quite popular program on the BBC. It's 'Pointless'

25. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Maybe, with a high chance I was the very first person who recorded lossless video on laptop in the early 2000s. At least nobody used such things that time according to Google searcher for outdoor street videos yet.
    Wait .. what? lossless in early 2000's, lossless DVD? lossless DV? lossless VHS? lossless VCD. Oh I forgot, none of that is lossless by nature. What a load of H.S.

26. Dear Truthler, before you buy these pro-consumer camcorders, learn how to composite your shots. You may also want to learn how to control exposure and shutter speed. This video hurt to look at. Half of the shots I took with my cheap 1080i camcorder on the end of the 4th grade when I was in the primary school look better than the crap that you have posted here
    Last edited by rrats; 12th Mar 2022 at 15:51.

27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would suggest you go back to basics and learn how to use the settings on your camcorder. I wasted 10 minutes of my life downloading your video only to find that I could only view the first couple of seconds due to not having HEVC codecs loaded. Never mind, what I saw was a reasonably high quality street scene. However, the still frame you have posted shows you really need to learn the basics rather than concentrating on trying to show how clever you are. The shutter speed is too low, the feet of the two women crossing the road are blurred, the focus is out, the logos on the windows on the Mercedes dealer aren't sharp and the buildings in the background in sunlight are burnt out to the point you can barely see where the building stops and the sky starts.

As I said on your previous thread, all the gear but no idea (although even that is pushing it if, as you claim, the camcorder can't record at the best resolution it can shoot at).....

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Richard_G View Post
    I would suggest you go back to basics and learn how to use
    That's really it.
    This person is (1) young, (2) defending his purchases. So he comes across as a troll.
    I mentioned this threads ago, months ago.

I've never been a video shooter, not even what I'd consider competent with video cameras. The most I did was home movies with cheap camcorders (or cheap "expensive" prosumer camcorders, like the OP has). My work always started after shooting ended. For varying reasons, I needed and wanted to start shooting about 6 months ago, again, but this time in a serious way. I wanted to do this the right way, not halfass, so Nikon Z6 II, Atomos, gimball, Z mount lenses, Deity mic, accessories. Few grand, decent setup, and I've had glimpses of doing what I want. But the main issue is my skill. These things have learning curves. The gear is clearly more advanced that I am.

The difference here is I'm not afraid to say so. But he's part of the younger generation, and many of them have this stupid idea that you're not allowed to reveal your lack of knowledge about something. Just pretend. Fake it 'til you make it, but not realizing 99%+ never make it. And the ones that do make it, never fake it. And many of us that do have knowledge can spot the BS without much effort. We call him on it. Then he gets whiny and pissy.

It's just dumbassery at its finest.

Is my gear "the best"? Surely not. But that doesn't matter here.
    Is it good, excellent even? Yes. But that also doesn't matter here.
    Does it limit me any? Nope! And that's what matters.
    I currently suck at shooting. OP sucks at shooting. But his main issue will be hitting gear limits way earlier than I do.

But rather than be a member of a community, share what you know, and don't know, it's just troll central. It's never a thing of "what am I doing wrong?", "how can I improve?", or even "hey, look what I did!" (and hope others are not trolls). Nope. Just being a complete dick. I have zero faith that will ever change.

Video psychology?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    the difference here is i'm not afraid to say so. But he's part of the younger generation, and many of them have this stupid idea that you're not allowed to reveal your lack of knowledge about something. Just pretend. Fake it 'til you make it, but not realizing 99%+ never make it. And the ones that do make it, never fake it. And many of us that do have knowledge can spot the bs without much effort. We call him on it. Then he gets whiny and pissy.
    get off my lawn you damn wipersnapers
    only gosh dang millennials suffer from the dunning kruger effect

30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    get off my lawn you damn wipersnapers
    Onya Harry!