VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. The difference here is I'm not afraid to say so. But he's part of the younger generation, and many of them have this stupid idea that you're not allowed to reveal your lack of knowledge about something.
    Have you ever met a person from a younger generation outside of the internet?

2. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Originally Posted by Truthler View Post
    Maybe, with a high chance I was the very first person who recorded lossless video on laptop in the early 2000s. At least nobody used such things that time according to Google searcher for outdoor street videos yet.
    Wait .. what? lossless in early 2000's, lossless DVD? lossless DV? lossless VHS? lossless VCD. Oh I forgot, none of that is lossless by nature. What a load of H.S.
    It clearly seems, that you have no clue about that era and technology.

3. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    Dear Truthler, before you buy these pro-consumer camcorders, learn how to composite your shots. You may also want to learn how to control exposure and shutter speed. This video hurt to look at. Half of the shots I took with my cheap 1080i camcorder on the end of the 4th grade when I was in the primary school look better than the crap that you have posted here

You can not understand, that SDR REC709 can not handle the deep shadows of large buildings and strong highlights at the same time during a sunny weather. That's why HDR was invented by the industry. However when I use HDR mode, our very wise forum meber user DB83 will write that the video has missing/bad colors or lack of contrast etc.... , in the reality he (and many other members) has no HDR monitor to judge it. That's why I made SDR video.

Search Comp PM
    Maybe, with a high chance I was the very first person who recorded lossless video on laptop in the early 2000s. At least nobody used such things that time according to Google searcher for outdoor street videos yet.
    Wait .. what? lossless in early 2000's, lossless DVD? lossless DV? lossless VHS? lossless VCD. Oh I forgot, none of that is lossless by nature. What a load of H.S.
    I already asked earlier. And you chose then to ignore the question. Without actual reply you are merely outputing your typical BS

Search Comp PM
    Dear Truthler, before you buy these pro-consumer camcorders, learn how to composite your shots. You may also want to learn how to control exposure and shutter speed. This video hurt to look at. Half of the shots I took with my cheap 1080i camcorder on the end of the 4th grade when I was in the primary school look better than the crap that you have posted here

You can not understand, that SDR REC709 can not handle the deep shadows of large buildings and strong highlights at the same time during a sunny weather. That's why HDR was invented by the industry. However when I use HDR mode, our very wise forum meber user DB83 will write that the video has missing/bad colors or lack of contrast etc.... , in the reality he (and many other members) has no HDR monitor to judge it. That's why I made SDR video.
    I do not give a donkey's bollocks of whether your 2min30 'epic' was HDR or SDR.

But I do care when you trade insults. So J** fair warning if you want to go down that route.

6. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    I already asked earlier. And you chose then to ignore the question. Without actual reply you are merely outputing your typical BS
    Maybe you have never heard of early Expresscard based tuners / digitalizers for laptops during early 2000s. Similar to that: https://integrys.com/product/imperx-vce-anex03-analog-expresscard/ or that: https://integrys.com/product/imperx-vce-b5a01-analog-pcmcia-video-capture-card/

Virtualdub also existed.
    Last edited by Truthler; 13th Mar 2022 at 06:41.

Search Comp PM
    Nice try. I do guess that vdub existed before you got involved in video creation.

But the Q. was not what you used (or may not have used) in your transfer from camcorder to laptop.

The Q. was what 'LOSSLESS' codec was used in the tfr. Even the unit you linked to - and I guess that even if it existed in the XP era (driver availablity is little conclusiveness of that since many would not upgrade on a 'whim') makes no reference to actual 'LOSSLESS' codecs. Maybe some existed in the early 2000's. But it it not for me to determine what did. it is up to you to qualify your assertion - and hopefully provide the proof - as to what you actually used back then.

8. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Nice try. I do guess that vdub existed before you got involved in video creation.

But the Q. was not what you used (or may not have used) in your transfer from camcorder to laptop.

The Q. was what 'LOSSLESS' codec was used in the tfr. Even the unit you linked to - and I guess that even if it existed in the XP era (driver availablity is little conclusiveness of that since many would not upgrade on a 'whim') makes no reference to actual 'LOSSLESS' codecs. Maybe some existed in the early 2000's. But it it not for me to determine what did. it is up to you to qualify your assertion - and hopefully provide the proof - as to what you actually used back then.
    No, VD did not exist when I first owned a camcorder 1992 or 1993? , neither when I bought my first TV tuner/capture card for PC around 1998.

Huffyuv existed around in 2003? Lagarth in 2004 and other codecs.

It was an era, when you were maybe infant, or your biggest contribution in video technology was the cartoon watching on TV / VHS ...

I already watched mpeg2 DVB-T around early 1999 on set top bux under the TV. MAybe the Unitred Kingdom did not even have DVB-T station that time., especially not in your area.
    https://mindigtv-hu.translate.goog/digitalis-atallas-archivum?_x_tr_sl=hu&_x_tr_tl=en&..._x_tr_pto=wapp
    Last edited by Truthler; 13th Mar 2022 at 09:07.

Search Comp PM
    Again, I do not care when these codecs existed. I asked what you used and provide evidence of such.

FYI I have been involved in video creation/uploading since the later 1990's (2003 as an infant ? DMAFF. Maybe not as long as you have but there might be evidence of my work out there. Is there any of yours ?

10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I already watched mpeg2 DVB-T around early 1999 on set top bux under the TV. MAybe the Unitred Kingdom did not even have DVB-T station that time., especially not in your area.
    https://mindigtv-hu.translate.goog/digitalis-atallas-archivum?_x_tr_sl=hu&_x_tr_tl=en&..._x_tr_pto=wapp
    So, even if your claim is correct which I doubt, you were at least 6 months behind the UK which introduced DVB-T on 15th November 1998 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_terrestrial_television_in_the_United_Kingdom), I know as I was involved in it's introduction, although I'm not sure how you watched it in Hungary as it didn't start there until December 2008 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_terrestrial_television#Hungary), 10 years after the UK. So more proof of BS.....

If the picture in your avatar is actually you and not some cool dude you found a picture of online, you are what, 30 years old? So at the time you claim to have been doing all these wonderful things with video, you were about a year old when you claim to have got your first camcorder.

Search Comp PM
    Noted that the comment re DVB-T is actually a consequence of an edit ( it was not there in my initial reply)

And what FFS has this to do with the topic ? Our (and I use the term in its loosest sense possible) friend complains when his threads go AWOL. Yet who is the instigator of these ?

12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Richard_G View Post
    and your point is? So you can transfer footage in real time to a laptop but the camcorder has built in storage anyway so why would you want to? The first camcorder I ever used back in the late 1970's had a separate recorder that you had to hang over your shoulder. Or is it because your camcorder can't record lossless and you have to step back in time?
    Because you can not record video to SD cards with good quality. Neither camcorder can with fast speed. I like to watch back videos with frame-to-frame step, and I examine the quality of individual frames too. So I have high expectations. I use two 16TB HDDS to store the lossless videos on desktop and a 4TB fast WD RED SSD in the laptop for capture.

loseless in early 2000? how? NaSaASScam?

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    suffer from the dunning kruger effect
    It's more like Dunning-Kruger effect 2.0 + the effects of the "everybody gets a trophy" generation. Thankfully, that seems to be waning now, a failed social experiment that had some ugly foretold (NOT unforeseen!) side effects.

Have you ever met a person from a younger generation outside of the internet?
    No, I live in a cave.

I first owned a camcorder 1992 or 1993? ,
    PC around 1998.
    Huffyuv existed around in 2003?
    For others playing along, his dates are BS. He's already shown his hand age-wise, and is clearly mid 20s at very oldest. He's been backpeddling ever since, claiming various 90s dates, yet has an obvious lack of understanding of the tech of those times. He keeps trying to deflect his own age with comments like "when you were maybe infant", but he was the small child.

Don't fall for it. This is just more of the same

Student gets new toy, goes online to smugly show everybody how superior it is (defend his purchase), how he's so smart, so talented. None of that BS is taken seriously. OT ensues, crying ensues ("they attacked me!"). And here we are.

@Truthler:
    You got a new camera. AWESOME! Now go f'ing use it. Stop trying to convince everybody it's best, you're best, etc.
    Last edited by lordsmurf; 13th Mar 2022 at 13:24.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS

14. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I was recording HD (MPEG-2) from satellite to hard drive using a reverse engineered sat receiver before HD-DVD and Blu-ray was a thing, Now you tel me I have no clue about the era, HDMI camcorders didn't come out until 2010 although the first Canon cancorders did come out around 2008 with non standardized HDMI port, HDMI capture devices started to appear around maybe 2012-2014, Now how did you capture lossless in early 2000?

You keep making a fool of yourself every time you open your mouth and when you get humiliated you start to look up links online, None of theose ExpressCard you linked is lossless as you claim. Capturing component from MPEG-2/MPEG-4 is not lossless as the source codec itself is lossy.
    Last edited by dellsam34; 13th Mar 2022 at 13:18.

15. Banned
    Search PM
    I was recording HD (MPEG-2) from satellite to hard drive using a reverse engineered sat receiver before HD-DVD and Blu-ray was a thing, Now you tel me I have no clue about the era, HDMI camcorders didn't come out until 2010 although the first Canon cancorders did come out around 2008 with non standardized HDMI port, HDMI capture devices started to appear around maybe 2012-2014, Now how did you capture lossless in early 2000?

You keep making a fool of yourself every time you open your mouth and when you get humiliated you start to look up links online, None of theose ExpressCard you linked is lossless as you claim. Capturing component from MPEG-2/MPEG-4 is not lossless as the source codec itself is lossy.
    Strawman logical fallacy https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
    Nobody mentioned HDMI for that era in this discussion.

People mostly used component RCA cables or S-video (in Europe) to connect typical handheld camcorders to other devices. These were analog videocameras. "Lossless" only meant (in this old analog sense) that you did not use lossy video codecs(DV or MPEG based). for digital capture of analog sources.

Search Comp PM
    recording HD (MPEG-2) from satellite to hard drive using a reverse engineered sat receiver before HD-DVD and Blu-ray was a thing,
    Nice. By the time HD came out, I'd already stopped playing the sat games. What a time. I've always been curious what was being done after I'd quit, as I knew some stuff was still going on. I may have to get you to tell me sometime. I'm assuming that all ended a decade or more ago, right?

You keep making a fool of yourself every time you open your mouth and when you get humiliated you start to look up links online,
    "Google expert" = another aspect of the "Dunning-Kruger effect 2.0" type syndrome. Don't know shit, so Google it, then instant expertise. Damned ridiculous. And hilarious when obviously inaccurate, as this thread's "facts" (ha!) are.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS

17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    People mostly used component RCA cables or S-video (in Europe) to connect typical handheld camcorders to other devices. These were analog videocameras. "Lossless" only meant (in this old analog sense) that you did not use lossy video codecs(DV or MPEG based). for digital capture of analog sources.
    Back pedalling again..... So you managed to capture to a computer, big deal, so did most of us that have been playing with video for any number of years.

Expert, ex=has been, spurt=drip under pressure

18. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Richard_G View Post
    Back pedalling again..... So you managed to capture to a computer, big deal, so did most of us that have been playing with video for any number of years.

Expert, ex=has been, spurt=drip under pressure
    I think you still used only full analog devices that time. The computer word was only a word processor +printer (a true office machine) in your vocabulary in that era.
    Last edited by Truthler; 13th Mar 2022 at 14:21.

19. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Now backpaddeling, No shame at all.

Search Comp PM

...... The computer word was only a word processor +printer (a true office machine) in your vocabulary in that era.

What nonsense am I reading now ? (after the edit which is principly designed to make anyone who previously answered look 'silly')

Or maybe your bank did not use computers ?. Methinks the Abacus is still available

21. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Time to close this thread.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.