VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have VHS - C tapes that my father took with an S-VHS Camcorder (jvc gr-smx38u), but when I playback the footage of certain tapes on my TV/VCR combo (sqpb compatible), the video plays but then eventually stops at a certain spot with static and noise, the tape is still rolling but there is no picture nor sound, only static / noise. My father, however vividly remembers filming more on these tapes but instead, there is just nothing, is there a problem with the VCR, or do I need to buy an S - VHS camcorder to playback the static/noise footage? Or are some of the tapes simply not used all the way? I believe that I need to buy an S - VHS C camcorder to playback the parts that are static / noise but I may be wrong and the tapes may just simply not have been used all the way. When a VHS - C tape is blank and is inserted into a VCR does it typically display static / noise and continue rolling?
    Last edited by bmor2007; 8th Mar 2022 at 11:10.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    It depends what kind of noise, we need to see it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Could be a tracking issue, alignment issue, issue with the converter tape, dirty heads on the VCR, crappy vcr in general. Million possible reasons. Gotta start troubleshooting.
    Quote Quote