VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I resurrected and old PC, Windows 11, and even go Firewire working. I can capture my Canon MiniDV using SClive but everything is broken into scenes. I want to burn the tapes to a DVD. Can I just add all the scenes, or should I recapture and change the settings so it just captures each tape in it's entirety.

1) Is there a difference if I capture whole tape or let it break it into scenes.
    2) If I do want to capture a whole tape without individual splits, where are the setting in SCLive to do this? Which setting.

Thanks.
    Last edited by upsidedown; 4th Mar 2022 at 14:51. Reason: Updated
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are several settings.

So you need to go through the list. For example, the default filesize is 2 gb in size whereas you will probably need to reset that to unlimited.

If you want specific scenes to be detected then look at 'Scene Detection Mode'

This is a matter of personal preference. It is quite logical to have unique scenes as individual items in a dvd which you can then author as a menu for selection.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    File>Options.

Each group of settings is under a tab. Or you can look at the "All Settings" tab.

I like splitting the scenes because when I'm editing the footage, the scene-breaks are already there. Also, the exact date and time for each scene are put in the filename.

You can adjust the time gap before Scenealyzer will split the scenes eg set it to 12 hours and you'll get all the video from each day in one file.
    Quote Quote