VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I seriously doubt that any of the efforts to hack DRM or encryption keys fall under "Fair Use". These threads are running rampant on VH. Hacking and downloading DRM content is at a minimum violating some one's copyright or even other countries laws. And worst of all the users on this site don't mind ripping off the poor producer of the work, the hosting/streaming service trying to survive by hosting it. I think these posts need to stop or it could be a liability issue for the VH site, which I love.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tend to agree with your point of view, but at the end of the day, it's up to the site Admins.

Its a load of poor content lowering the reputation of this site, which like you, I've enjoyed
    participating in over the years
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't report anyone, pointless, I have no power here. I purposely put it in the feedback section to hopefully alert the admins to the liability this causes for VH.

You're right davexnet, it's a load of poor content.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The site has always had a very low reputation. Since I started with dvd ripping back in 2000....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    The site has always had a very low reputation. Since I started with dvd ripping back in 2000....

edited as i got a good answer.
    Last edited by anayaAO; 3rd Mar 2022 at 04:20.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Because I have been working on other stuff since 2008. But I will try lock more obvious subscription requests.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Because I have been working on other stuff since 2008. But I will try lock more obvious subscription requests.

okay. cool.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Hacking drm is okey. But not from subscription sites. It has been okey since dvd drm ripping.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    VH is always about reverse engineering A/V contents and coding, convert them to other formats, strip out audio, Subtitles, protections ...etc. What the content's owner does with it is none of VH business. Now if VH hosts full length unencrypted contents such as movies then it will be an issue, But 500MB upload cap there is nothing to worry about.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cienapotr View Post
    I think discussions about hacking any accounts or websites are inappropriate.
    Accounts?
    Quote Quote